Human USP6 peptide (ab23054)
- Product nameHuman USP6 peptideSee all USP6 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids773 to 786
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23054 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Deubiquitinating enzyme 6
- Hyperpolymorphic gene 1
- Proto-oncogene TRE-2
- TRE 2 oncogene
- Ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase 6
- Ubiquitin Specific Protease 6
- Ubiquitin specific protease 6
- Ubiquitin thiolesterase 6
- Ubiquitin-specific-processing protease 6
- FunctionDeubiquitinase with an ATP-independent isopeptidase activity, cleaving at the C-terminus of the ubiquitin moiety. Catalyzes its own deubiquitination. In vitro, isoform 2, but not isoform 3, shows deubiquitinating activity. Promotes plasma membrane localization of ARF6 and selectively regulates ARF6-dependent endocytic protein trafficking. Is able to initiate tumorigenesis by inducing the production of matrix metalloproteinases following NF-kappa-B activation.
- Tissue specificityTestis specific. Expressed in various cancer cell lines.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving USP6 is a common genetic feature of aneurysmal bone cyst, a benign osseous neoplasm. Translocation t(16;17)(q22;p13) with CDH11. The translocation generates a fusion gene in which the strong CDH11 promoter is fused to the entire USP6 coding sequence, resulting in USP6 transcriptional up-regulation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C19 family.
Contains 1 Rab-GAP TBC domain.
- DomainThe Rab-GAP TBC domain lacks GTPase activator activity but is necessary for interaction with ARF6.
modificationsMonubiquitinated; ubiquitination is calmodulin and calcium dependent.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm. Endosome. Localizes to the plasma membrane and to filamentous structures within the cell corresponding to ARF6 regulated tubular endosomes. Activation of RAC1 and CDC42 can direct the relocalization of USP6 to the plasma membrane in a manner that depends on the integrity of the actin cytoskeleton.
References for Human USP6 peptide (ab23054)
ab23054 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.