Human Vimentin full length protein (ab84704)
- Product nameHuman Vimentin full length proteinSee all Vimentin proteins and peptides ...
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84704 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
Purity >95% as determined by densitometry.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 150mM Imidazole
Constituents: 25% Glycerol, 50mM Sodium phosphate, 300mM Sodium chloride, 2mM DTT, 0.1mM PMSF, pH 7.0
- FunctionVimentins are class-III intermediate filaments found in various non-epithelial cells, especially mesenchymal cells. Vimentin is attached to the nucleus, endoplasmic reticulum, and mitochondria, either laterally or terminally.
Involved with LARP6 in the stabilization of type I collagen mRNAs for CO1A1 and CO1A2.
- Tissue specificityHighly expressed in fibroblasts, some expression in T- and B-lymphocytes, and little or no expression in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Expressed in many hormone-independent mammary carcinoma cell lines.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
- DomainThe central alpha-helical coiled-coil rod region mediates elementary homodimerization.
modificationsFilament disassembly during mitosis is promoted by phosphorylation at Ser-55 as well as by nestin (By similarity). One of the most prominent phosphoproteins in various cells of mesenchymal origin. Phosphorylation is enhanced during cell division, at which time vimentin filaments are significantly reorganized. Phosphorylation by PKN1 inhibits the formation of filaments. Phosphorylated at Ser-56 by CDK5 during neutrophil secretion in the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by STK33.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Human Vimentin full length protein images
SDS-PAGE of ab84704 using 3ug Vimentin protein. Detected molecular weight approximately 60 kDa.
References for Human Vimentin full length protein (ab84704)
ab84704 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.