Human Vitronectin full length protein (ab92639)
- Product nameHuman Vitronectin full length proteinSee all Vitronectin proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionNatural, Biotin
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92639 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
ab92639 is prepared from fresh Human plasma using non-denaturing chromatography, then biotin labeled at primary amines. Purity is > 98% pure by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.1M Sodium chloride, 0.05M Sodium phosphate, pH 7.4
- Complement S Protein
- S Protein
- Serum Spreading Factor
- Serum-spreading factor
- Somatomedin B
- Vitronectin V10 subunit
- Vitronectin V65 subunit
- FunctionVitronectin is a cell adhesion and spreading factor found in serum and tissues. Vitronectin interact with glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans. Is recognized by certain members of the integrin family and serves as a cell-to-substrate adhesion molecule. Inhibitor of the membrane-damaging effect of the terminal cytolytic complement pathway.
Somatomedin-B is a growth hormone-dependent serum factor with protease-inhibiting activity.
- Tissue specificityPlasma.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
Contains 1 SMB (somatomedin-B) domain.
- DomainThe SMB domain mediates interaction with SERPINE1/PAI1. The heparin-binding domain mediates interaction with insulin.
modificationsSulfated on 2 tyrosine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation on Thr-69 and Thr-76 favors cell adhesion and spreading.
It has been suggested that the active SMB domain may be permitted considerable disulfide bond heterogeneity or variability, thus two alternate disulfide patterns based on 3D structures are described with 1 disulfide bond conserved in both.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space.
Human Vitronectin full length protein images
Lane 1: Vitronectin (2 ug) Reduced
Lane 2: Vitronectin (2 ug) Non-Reduced
Lane 3: Prestained Standard
All lanes : anti-Vitronectin Avidin-AP at 1/3000 dilution
Lane 1 : ab92639 (Reduced)
Lane 2 : ab92639 (Non-reduced)
Lysates/proteins at 2 µg per lane.
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Human Vitronectin full length protein (ab92639)
ab92639 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.