Human XAF1 peptide (ab39908)
- Product nameHuman XAF1 peptideSee all XAF1 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39908 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.2
- BIRC 4 binding protein
- BIRC4 binding protein
- BIRC4-binding protein
- HSXIAPAF 1
- XAF 1
- XIAP associated factor 1
- XIAP-associated factor 1
- FunctionSeems to function as a negative regulator of members of the IAP (inhibitor of apoptosis protein) family. Inhibits anti-caspase activity of BIRC4. Induces cleavage and inactivation of BIRC4 independent of caspase activation. Mediates TNF-alpha-induced apoptosis and is involved in apoptosis in trophoblast cells. May inhibit BIRC4 indirectly by activating the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway. After translocation to mitochondra, promotes translocation of BAX to mitochondria and cytochrome c release from mitochondria. Seems to promote the redistribution of BIRC4 from the cytoplasm to the nucleus, probably independent of BIRC4 inactivation which seems to occur in the cytoplasm. The BIRC4-XAF1 complex mediates down-regulation of BIRC5/survivin; the process requires the E3 ligase activity of BIRC4. Seems to be involved in cellular sensitivity to the proapoptotic actions of TRAIL. May be a tumor suppressor by mediating apoptosis resistance of cancer cells.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expression is frequently down-regulated in cancer cell lines. Isoform 5 is widely expressed. Expressed in placenta (at protein level).
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 TRAF-type zinc finger.
- Developmental stageSelectively expressed in third trimester placenta.
- Cellular localizationNucleus and Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Mitochondrion. Found in the cytoplasm and nucleus of placental syncytiotrophoblasts. Translocates to mitochondria upon TNF-alpha treatment.
References for Human XAF1 peptide (ab39908)
ab39908 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.