Human XRCC4 full length protein (ab91973)
- Product nameHuman XRCC4 full length protein
- SourceE. coli
- Amino Acid Sequence
- SequenceMERKISRIHLVSEPSITHFLQVSWEKTLESGFVITLTDGH SAWTGTVSE SEISQEADDMAMEKGKYVGELRKALLSGA GPADVYTFNFSKESCYFFFE KNLKDVSFRLGSFNLEKV ENPAEVIRELICYCLDTIAENQAKNEHLQKE NERLLRD WNDVQGRFEKCVSAKEALETDLYKRFILVLNEKKTKIRSL HN KLLNAAQEREKDIKQEGETAICSEMTADRDPVYDES TDEESENQTDLSG LASAAVSKDDSIISSLDVTDIAPSR KRRQRMQRNLGTEPKMAPQENQLQ EKEKPDSSLPETSK KEHISAENMSLETLRNSSPEDLFDEI
- Amino acids1 to 334
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91973 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Additional NotesProtein Identity confirmed by Mass Spectrometry (MS/MS) (acquired on initial reference batch).
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.5% Trehalose, 6M Urea, 100mM Sodium phosphate, 10mM Sodium chloride, pH 4.5
- ReconstitutionReconstitute with 91 µl aqua dest.
- DNA double strand break repair and V(D)J recombination protein XRCC4
- DNA repair protein XRCC4
- X ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 4
- X ray repair cross complementing protein 4
- X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 4
- XRCC 4
- FunctionInvolved in DNA non-homologous end joining (NHEJ) required for double-strand break repair and V(D)J recombination. Binds to DNA and to DNA ligase IV (LIG4). The LIG4-XRCC4 complex is responsible for the NHEJ ligation step, and XRCC4 enhances the joining activity of LIG4. Binding of the LIG4-XRCC4 complex to DNA ends is dependent on the assembly of the DNA-dependent protein kinase complex DNA-PK to these DNA ends.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the XRCC4 family.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PRKDC. The phosphorylation seems not to be necessary for binding to DNA. Phosphorylation by CK2 promotes interaction with APTX.
Sumoylation at Lys-210 is required for nuclear localization and recombination efficiency. Has no effect on ubiquitination.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
Human XRCC4 full length protein images
The image shows an electrophoretic assay performed using an Agilent 5100 ALP. In some images coloured control bands can be seen at 15 kDa (green) and/or 240 kDa (purple). The protein-specific band is blue.
References for Human XRCC4 full length protein (ab91973)
ab91973 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.