Anti-iASPP antibody (ab34898)
- Product nameAnti-iASPP antibodySee all iASPP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to iASPP
- SpecificityExpect reactivity against both isoform 1 and isoform 2.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB, ELISA, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Monkey
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow
Synthetic peptide: R EGESVTVLRR DGPEETD, corresponding to amino acids 780-797 of Human iASPP (Isoform 1).
- Positive controlMCF7 whole cell lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.02M Potassium phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34898 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 102 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa).|
|ELISA||ELISA: 1/40000 - 1/160000.|
|IP||IP: Use at 4 µg/mg of lysate.|
- RelevanceASPP proteins (ASPP1, ASPP2 and iASPP) represent a new family of p53 binding proteins. ASPP1 and ASPP2 bind and enhance p53-mediated apoptosis. In contrast, the third member, iASPP, functionally inactivates p53. iASPP (also called protein phosphatase 1 regulatory (inhibitor) subunit 13 like protein, Inhibitor of ASPP protein, Protein iASPP, PPP1R13B-like protein and NFkB-interacting protein 1) plays a central role in regulation of apoptosis and transcription via its interaction with NF-kappa-B and p53/TP53 proteins. iASPP blocks transcription of HIV-1 virus by inhibiting the action of both NF-kappa-B and SP1. This protein also inhibits p53/TP53 function, possibly by preventing the association between p53/TP53 and ASPP1 or ASPP2, and therefore suppressing the subsequent activation of apoptosis. iASPP is predominantly a cytoplasmic protein (isoform 1) but can also be found in the nucleus (isoform 2). iASPP is highly expressed in heart, placenta and prostate and is weakly expressed in brain, liver, skeletal muscle, testis and peripheral blood leukocyte. The N-terminal region of isoform 1 is required for cytoplasmic localization. Defects in iASPP may be a cause of certain breast cancers and the protein is overexpressed in many patients suffering from breast carcinomas and expressing a wild-type p53/TP53 protein.
- Cellular localizationNuclear
- IASPP antibodyinhibitor of apoptosis stimulating protein of p53 antibodyInhibitor of ASPP protein antibody
- NFkB interacting protein 1 antibodyNKIP1 antibodyPPP1R13B-like protein antibodyPPP1R13L antibodyProtein iASPP antibodyprotein phosphatase 1 regulatory (inhibitor) subunit 13 like antibodyRAI antibodyRelA-associated inhibitor antibody
Anti-iASPP antibody images
Anti-iASPP antibody (ab34898) at 1/1500 dilution (at 4°C, o/n) + 35ug of MCF7 whole cell lysate
IRDye™800 conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG diluted 1:10000, for 45 min at RT
Predicted band size : 90 kDa
Observed band size : 102 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
IHC image of ab34898 staining in human breast carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab34898, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
References for Anti-iASPP antibody (ab34898)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang L et al. iASPPsv antagonizes apoptosis induced by chemotherapeutic agents in MCF-7 cells and mouse thymocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:414-20 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22766503) »