Anti-IGF1 Receptor alpha subunit antibody [2C8] (ab987)
- Product nameAnti-IGF1 Receptor alpha subunit antibody [2C8]See all IGF1 Receptor alpha subunit primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2C8] to IGF1 Receptor alpha subunit
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts specifically with the IGF1 receptor alpha subunit.
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified human placental IGF-1 receptors.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number2C8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab987 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
This antibody has no effect on the binding of IGF-1 or -2 to their receptor.
- RelevanceIGF1 Receptor is a tetramer of 2 alpha and 2 beta chains, linked by disulfide bonds. IGF1 Receptor, like insulin receptor, is synthesized as a single polypeptide which is glycosylated and proteolytically cleaved to give the alpha- and beta-subunits, which are disulfide-linked in a beta-alpha-alpha-beta configuration in the mature receptor. The alpha-subunit is completely extracellular, while the beta-subunit spans the membrane and the intracellular portion has intrinsic tyrosine kinase activity. It is assumed that, as for the insulin receptor, the tyrosine kinase activity is essential for IGF-1 action. The alpha chains contribute to the formation of the ligand-binding domain, while the beta chain carries the kinase domain. It interacts with PIK3R1 and with the PTB/PID domains of IRS1 and SHC1 in vitro when autophosphorylated on tyrosine residues. IGF1 Receptor forms a hybrid receptor with INSR, the hybrid being a tetramer consisting of 1 alpha chain and 1 beta chain of INSR and 1 alpha chain and 1 beta chain of IGF1R.
- Cellular localizationMembrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein.
- CD221 antibody
- CD221 antigen antibody
- IGF I receptor antibody
- IGFIR antibody
- Insulin like growth factor I receptor antibody
- JTK13 antibody
References for Anti-IGF1 Receptor alpha subunit antibody [2C8] (ab987)
This product has been referenced in:
- Li SL et al. Two new monoclonal antibodies against the alpha subunit of the human insulin-like growth factor-I receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 196:92-8 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 8216340) »