Anti-IGF1 Receptor antibody (ab5497)
- Product nameAnti-IGF1 Receptor antibodySee all IGF1 Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IGF1 Receptor
- Tested applicationsELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 1350-1367 of Human IGF1 Receptor(Peptide available as ab106662.)
- Positive control
- SK-BR-3 cell lysate. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: PANC-1
- General notes
Protein kinases are enzymes that transfer a phosphate group from a phosphate donor, generally the g phosphate of ATP, onto an acceptor amino acid in a substrate protein. By this basic mechanism, protein kinases mediate most of the signal transduction in eukaryotic cells, regulating cellular metabolism, transcription, cell cycle progression, cytoskeletal rearrangement and cell movement, apoptosis, and differentiation. With more than 500 gene products, the protein kinase family is one of the largest families of proteins in eukaryotes. The family has been classified in 8 major groups based on sequence comparison of their tyrosine (PTK) or serine/threonine (STK) kinase catalytic domains. The tyrosine kinase (TK) group is mainly involved in the regulation of cell-cell interactions such as differentiation, adhesion, motility and death. There are currently about 90 TK genes sequenced, 58 are of receptor protein TK (e.g. EGFR, EPH, FGFR, PDGFR, TRK, and VEGFR families), and 32 of cytosolic TK (e.g. ABL, FAK, JAK, and SRC families).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein G column and eluted out with both high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately after elution then followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Primary antibody notes Protein kinases are enzymes that transfer a phosphate group from a phosphate donor, generally the g phosphate of ATP, onto an acceptor amino acid in a substrate protein. By this basic mechanism, protein kinases mediate most of the signal transduction in eukaryotic cells, regulating cellular metabolism, transcription, cell cycle progression, cytoskeletal rearrangement and cell movement, apoptosis, and differentiation. With more than 500 gene products, the protein kinase family is one of the largest families of proteins in eukaryotes. The family has been classified in 8 major groups based on sequence comparison of their tyrosine (PTK) or serine/threonine (STK) kinase catalytic domains. The tyrosine kinase (TK) group is mainly involved in the regulation of cell-cell interactions such as differentiation, adhesion, motility and death. There are currently about 90 TK genes sequenced, 58 are of receptor protein TK (e.g. EGFR, EPH, FGFR, PDGFR, TRK, and VEGFR families), and 32 of cytosolic TK (e.g. ABL, FAK, JAK, and SRC families).
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5497 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 150 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 164 kDa).Can be blocked with IGF1 peptide (ab106662).|
- FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase which mediates actions of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1). Binds IGF1 with high affinity and IGF2 and insulin (INS) with a lower affinity. The activated IGF1R is involved in cell growth and survival control. IGF1R is crucial for tumor transformation and survival of malignant cell. Ligand binding activates the receptor kinase, leading to receptor autophosphorylation, and tyrosines phosphorylation of multiple substrates, that function as signaling adapter proteins including, the insulin-receptor substrates (IRS1/2), Shc and 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation of IRSs proteins lead to the activation of two main signaling pathways: the PI3K-AKT/PKB pathway and the Ras-MAPK pathway. The result of activating the MAPK pathway is increased cellular proliferation, whereas activating the PI3K pathway inhibits apoptosis and stimulates protein synthesis. Phosphorylated IRS1 can activate the 85 kDa regulatory subunit of PI3K (PIK3R1), leading to activation of several downstream substrates, including protein AKT/PKB. AKT phosphorylation, in turn, enhances protein synthesis through mTOR activation and triggers the antiapoptotic effects of IGFIR through phosphorylation and inactivation of BAD. In parallel to PI3K-driven signaling, recruitment of Grb2/SOS by phosphorylated IRS1 or Shc leads to recruitment of Ras and activation of the ras-MAPK pathway. In addition to these two main signaling pathways IGF1R signals also through the Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription pathway (JAK/STAT). Phosphorylation of JAK proteins can lead to phosphorylation/activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) proteins. In particular activation of STAT3, may be essential for the transforming activity of IGF1R. The JAK/STAT pathway activates gene transcription and may be responsible for the transforming activity. JNK kinases can also be activated by the IGF1R. IGF1 exerts inhibiting activities on JNK activation via phosphorylation and inhibition of MAP3K5/ASK1, which is able to directly associate with the IGF1R.
When present in a hybrid receptor with INSR, binds IGF1. PubMed:12138094 shows that hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Long are activated with a high affinity by IGF1, with low affinity by IGF2 and not significantly activated by insulin, and that hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Short are activated by IGF1, IGF2 and insulin. In contrast, PubMed:16831875 shows that hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Long and hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Short have similar binding characteristics, both bind IGF1 and have a low affinity for insulin.
- Tissue specificityFound as a hybrid receptor with INSR in muscle, heart, kidney, adipose tissue, skeletal muscle, hepatoma, fibroblasts, spleen and placenta (at protein level). Expressed in a variety of tissues. Overexpressed in tumors, including melanomas, cancers of the colon, pancreas prostate and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseInsulin-like growth factor 1 resistance
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Insulin receptor subfamily.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on tyrosine residues in response to ligand binding. Autophosphorylation occurs in trans, i.e. one subunit of the dimeric receptor phosphorylates tyrosine residues on the other subunit. Autophosphorylation occurs in a sequential manner; Tyr-1165 is predominantly phosphorylated first, followed by phosphorylation of Tyr-1161 and Tyr-1166. While every single phosphorylation increases kinase activity, all three tyrosine residues in the kinase activation loop (Tyr-1165, Tyr-1161 and Tyr-1166) have to be phosphorylated for optimal activity. Can be autophosphorylated at additional tyrosine residues (in vitro). Autophosphorylated is followed by phosphorylation of juxtamembrane tyrosines and C-terminal serines. Phosphorylation of Tyr-980 is required for IRS1- and SHC1-binding. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1.
Polyubiquitinated at Lys-1168 and Lys-1171 through both 'Lys-48' and 'Lys-29' linkages, promoting receptor endocytosis and subsequent degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitination is facilitated by pre-existing phosphorylation.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD221 antibody
- CD221 antigen antibody
- IGF 1 receptor antibody
- IGF 1R antibody
- IGF I receptor antibody
- IGF-I receptor antibody
- IGF1R antibody
- IGF1R_HUMAN antibody
- IGFIR antibody
- IGFIRC antibody
- IGFR antibody
- Insulin like growth factor 1 receptor antibody
- Insulin like growth factor 1 receptor precursor antibody
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor beta chain antibody
- Insulin-like growth factor I receptor antibody
- JTK13 antibody
- MGC142170 antibody
- MGC142172 antibody
- MGC18216 antibody
Anti-IGF1 Receptor antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab5497 stained PANC-1 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab5497 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-IGF1 Receptor antibody (ab5497) + SK-BR-3 cell lysate
Predicted band size : 164 kDa
Observed band size : 152 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded human cancer tissue reacted with ab5497 (used at 1:50), which was peroxidase-conjugated to the secondary antibody (used at 1:1000), followed by AEC staining
References for Anti-IGF1 Receptor antibody (ab5497)
This product has been referenced in:
- McCarthy SD et al. Temporal changes in endometrial gene expression and protein localization of members of the IGF family in cattle: effects of progesterone and pregnancy. Physiol Genomics 44:130-40 (2012). IHC-P ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 22085906) »
- Tomasoni S et al. Transfer of growth factor receptor mRNA via exosomes unravels the regenerative effect of mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cells Dev : (2012). IHC . Read more (PubMed: 23082760) »