IGF1 Receptor Human ELISA Kit (ab100546)
- Product nameIGF1 Receptor Human ELISA Kit
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 6 pg/ml
- Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.12 80% - 104% Serum 92.48 78% - 103% Plasma 93.29 79% - 103%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s IGF1 Receptor Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human IGF1 Receptor in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human IGF1 Receptor coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IGF1 Receptor present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human IGF1 Receptor antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IGF1 Receptor bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Optimization may be required with urine samples
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 300X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human IGF1 Receptor 2 vials IGF1 Receptor Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human IGF1 Receptor Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase which mediates actions of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1). Binds IGF1 with high affinity and IGF2 and insulin (INS) with a lower affinity. The activated IGF1R is involved in cell growth and survival control. IGF1R is crucial for tumor transformation and survival of malignant cell. Ligand binding activates the receptor kinase, leading to receptor autophosphorylation, and tyrosines phosphorylation of multiple substrates, that function as signaling adapter proteins including, the insulin-receptor substrates (IRS1/2), Shc and 14-3-3 proteins. Phosphorylation of IRSs proteins lead to the activation of two main signaling pathways: the PI3K-AKT/PKB pathway and the Ras-MAPK pathway. The result of activating the MAPK pathway is increased cellular proliferation, whereas activating the PI3K pathway inhibits apoptosis and stimulates protein synthesis. Phosphorylated IRS1 can activate the 85 kDa regulatory subunit of PI3K (PIK3R1), leading to activation of several downstream substrates, including protein AKT/PKB. AKT phosphorylation, in turn, enhances protein synthesis through mTOR activation and triggers the antiapoptotic effects of IGFIR through phosphorylation and inactivation of BAD. In parallel to PI3K-driven signaling, recruitment of Grb2/SOS by phosphorylated IRS1 or Shc leads to recruitment of Ras and activation of the ras-MAPK pathway. In addition to these two main signaling pathways IGF1R signals also through the Janus kinase/signal transducer and activator of transcription pathway (JAK/STAT). Phosphorylation of JAK proteins can lead to phosphorylation/activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) proteins. In particular activation of STAT3, may be essential for the transforming activity of IGF1R. The JAK/STAT pathway activates gene transcription and may be responsible for the transforming activity. JNK kinases can also be activated by the IGF1R. IGF1 exerts inhibiting activities on JNK activation via phosphorylation and inhibition of MAP3K5/ASK1, which is able to directly associate with the IGF1R.
When present in a hybrid receptor with INSR, binds IGF1. PubMed:12138094 shows that hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Long are activated with a high affinity by IGF1, with low affinity by IGF2 and not significantly activated by insulin, and that hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Short are activated by IGF1, IGF2 and insulin. In contrast, PubMed:16831875 shows that hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Long and hybrid receptors composed of IGF1R and INSR isoform Short have similar binding characteristics, both bind IGF1 and have a low affinity for insulin.
- Tissue specificityFound as a hybrid receptor with INSR in muscle, heart, kidney, adipose tissue, skeletal muscle, hepatoma, fibroblasts, spleen and placenta (at protein level). Expressed in a variety of tissues. Overexpressed in tumors, including melanomas, cancers of the colon, pancreas prostate and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseDEFects in IGF1R are a cause of insulin-like growth factor 1 resistance (IGF1RES) [MIM:270450]. It is a disorder characterized by intrauterine growth retardation and poor postnatal growth accompanied with increased plasma IGF1.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. Insulin receptor subfamily.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated on tyrosine residues in response to ligand binding. Autophosphorylation occurs in trans, i.e. one subunit of the dimeric receptor phosphorylates tyrosine residues on the other subunit. Autophosphorylation occurs in a sequential manner; Tyr-1165 is predominantly phosphorylated first, followed by phosphorylation of Tyr-1161 and Tyr-1166. While every single phosphorylation increases kinase activity, all three tyrosine residues in the kinase activation loop (Tyr-1165, Tyr-1161 and Tyr-1166) have to be phosphorylated for optimal activity. Can be autophosphorylated at additional tyrosine residues (in vitro). Autophosphorylated is followed by phosphorylation of juxtamembrane tyrosines and C-terminal serines. Phosphorylation of Tyr-980 is required for IRS1- and SHC1-binding. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1.
Ubiquitinated leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- IGF 1R
- IGF I receptor
- IGF-I receptor
- Insulin like growth factor 1 receptor
- Insulin like growth factor I receptor
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor beta chain
- Insulin-like growth factor I receptor
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab100546 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IGF1 Receptor Human ELISA Kit images
Representative standard curve using ab100546
Representative standard curve using ab100546
References for IGF1 Receptor Human ELISA Kit (ab100546)
ab100546 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.