IL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Rat ELISA Kit (ab113350)
- Product nameIL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Rat ELISA KitSee all IL1 alpha kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 15 pg/ml
- Range11 pg/ml - 8000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 87.48 76% - 95% Serum 79.95 69% - 88% Plasma 75.73 68% - 84%
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
Abcam’s IL-1 alpha Rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Rat IL-1 alpha in serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for IL-1 alpha coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL- 1 alpha present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Rat IL-1 alpha antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-1 alpha bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 25ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml Assay Diluent C 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-rat IL-1 alpha 2 vials IL-1 alpha Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant rat IL-1 alpha Standard 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceIL1 alpha is a member of the interleukin 1 cytokine family. It is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in various immune responses, inflammatory processes, and hematopoiesis. IL1 alpha is produced by monocytes and macrophages as a proprotein, which is proteolytically processed and released in response to cell injury, and thus induces apoptosis. This gene and eight other interleukin 1 family genes form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 2. It has been suggested that the polymorphism of these genes is associated with rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer's disease.
- Hematopoietin 1
- IFN alpha
- IL 1 alpha
- Il 1a
- IL1 ALPHA
- Interferon Alpha
- Interferon alpha 1
- Interferon alpha 1/13
- Interferon alpha 1/13 precursor
- Interferon alpha 13
- Interferon alpha D
- Interferon alpha leukocyte
- Interferon alpha-1/13
- Interferon alpha-D
- Interferon leukocyte
- Interleukin 1 alpha
- Interleukin 1 alpha precursor
- Interleukin1 alpha
- LeIF D
- Preinterleukin 1
- Pro interleukin 1
- Pro interleukin 1 alpha
- Prointerleukin 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113350 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Rat ELISA Kit (ab113350)
ab113350 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.