IL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human ELISA kit (ab108864)
- Product nameIL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human ELISA kitSee all IL1 alpha kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.5%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity> 0.95 pg/ml
- Range0.977 pg/ml - 250 pg/ml
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s IL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-1 alpha concentrations in cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma.
An IL-1 alpha specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an IL-1 alpha specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of IL-1 alpha captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Biotinylated Human IL-1 alpha Antibody 1 x 80µl 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent M Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml IL-1 alpha Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit IL1 alpha Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceIL1 alpha is a member of the interleukin 1 cytokine family. It is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in various immune responses, inflammatory processes, and hematopoiesis. IL1 alpha is produced by monocytes and macrophages as a proprotein, which is proteolytically processed and released in response to cell injury, and thus induces apoptosis. This gene and eight other interleukin 1 family genes form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 2. It has been suggested that the polymorphism of these genes is associated with rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer's disease.
- Hematopoietin 1
- IL 1 alpha
- Il 1a
- IL1 ALPHA
- Interleukin 1 alpha
- Interleukin 1 alpha precursor
- Interleukin1 alpha
- Preinterleukin 1
- Pro interleukin 1
- Pro interleukin 1 alpha
- Prointerleukin 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108864 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human ELISA kit images
Representative Standard Curve using ab108864.
References for IL-1 alpha (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human ELISA kit (ab108864)
ab108864 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.