IL-1 beta (Interleukin-1 beta) Human ELISA Kit (ab108865)
- Product nameIL-1 beta (Interleukin-1 beta) Human ELISA KitSee all IL1 beta kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity> 3.9 pg/ml
- Range3.91 pg/ml - 250 pg/ml
- Assay time5h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s IL-1 beta Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-1 beta concentrations in cell culture supernatants, serum and plasma.
An IL-1 beta specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently an IL-1 beta specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of IL-1 beta captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Biotinylated Human IL-1 beta Antibody 1 x 80µl 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml IL-1 beta Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit IL-1 beta Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionProduced by activated macrophages, IL-1 stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL-1 proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- DomainThe similarity among the IL-1 precursors suggests that the amino ends of these proteins serve some as yet undefined function.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The lack of a specific hydrophobic segment in the precursor sequence suggests that IL-1 is released by damaged cells or is secreted by a mechanism differing from that used for other secretory proteins.
- Hematopoietin 1
- IFN beta inducing factor
- IL 1
- IL 1 beta
- IL 1B
- IL-1 beta
- IL1 BETA
- Interleukin 1 beta
- Interleukin 1 beta precursor
- Interleukin-1 beta
- Osteoclast activating factor
- Preinterleukin beta
- Pro interleukin 1 beta
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108865 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-1 beta (Interleukin-1 beta) Human ELISA Kit (ab108865)
ab108865 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.