IL-13 Human Elispot Kit (ab46616)
- Product nameIL-13 Human Elispot KitSee all IL13 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests10 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The ELISPOT assay is designed to enumerate cytokine producing cells in a single cell suspension. This method has the advantage of requiring a minimum of in-vitro manipulations allowing cytokine production analysis as close as possible to in-vivo conditions in a highly specific way. This technique is designed to determine the frequency of cytokine producing cells under a given stimulation, and the follow-up of such frequency during a treatment and/or a pathological state. Elispot assays are an ideal tool in the study of TH1 / TH2 response, vaccine development, viral infection monitoring and treatment, cancerology, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
The Elispot assay is based on sandwich immuno-enzyme technology. Cell secreted cytokines or soluble molecules are captured by coated antibodies avoiding diffusion in supernatant, protease degradation or binding on soluble membrane receptors. After cell removal, the captured cytokines are revealed by tracer antibodies and appropriate conjugates.
Principle of Method
After cell stimulation, locally produced cytokines are captured by a specific monoclonal antibody. After cell lysis, trapped cytokine molecules are revealed by a secondary biotinylated detection antibody, which is in turn recognised by streptavidin conjugated to alkaline phosphatase. PVDF-bottomed-well plates are then incubated with BCIP/NBT substrate. Colored "purple" spots indicate cytokine production by individual cells.
Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL13
- Tested applicationsMeasuring secreted proteins from cells more details
- Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 10 x 96 tests 96 PVDF-bottomed-well plates. 10 units Bovine Serum albumin 2 x 1g Dry skimmed milk 2 x 1g IL-13 Biotinylated detection antibody 2 x 0.55ml IL-13 Capture antibody for human 2 x 0.5ml Ready-to-use substrate buffer 2 x 50ml Streptavidin - Alkaline Phosphatase conjugated 2 x 50µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceIL13 is an immunoregulatory cytokine produced primarily by activated Th2 cells. It is involved in several stages of B-cell maturation and differentiation. It up-regulates CD23 and MHC class II expression, and promotes IgE isotype switching of B cells. IL13 down-regulates macrophage activity, thereby inhibits the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and chemokines. It is found to be critical to the pathogenesis of allergen-induced asthma but operates through mechanisms independent of IgE and eosinophils. IL13, IL3, IL5, IL4, and CSF2 form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 5q, with this gene particularly close to IL4.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- IL 13
- Interleukin 13
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46616 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-13 Human Elispot Kit (ab46616)
ab46616 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.