IL-17 (Interleukin -17) Human ELISA Kit (ab83688)
- Product nameIL-17 (Interleukin -17) Human ELISA KitSee all IL17 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 6 3.3%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 3 pg/ml
- Range3.12 pg/ml - 100 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 121 113% - 130%
- Assay time3h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s IL-17 (Interleukin-17) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative of IL-17 in supernatants, buffered solutions, serum, plasma and other body fluids.
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-17 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-17 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-17 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-17 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-17.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-IL17 Red 1 x 400µl 2 x 400µl Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml IL-17 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units IL-17 Standard (Lyophilized) 2 vials 4 vials Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
- Research Areas
- FunctionInduces stromal cells to produce proinflammatory and hematopoietic cytokines. Enhances the surface expression of the intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) in fibroblasts.
- Tissue specificityRestricted to activated memory T-cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-17 family.
modificationsFound both in glycosylated and nonglycosylated forms.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- CTLA 8
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated antigen 8
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated protein 8
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated serine esterase 8
- Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8
- IL 17
- IL 17A
- Interleukin 17A
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83688 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-17 (Interleukin -17) Human ELISA Kit (ab83688)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yu X et al. Intensive Cytokine induction in Pandemic H1N1 Influenza Virus Infection Accompanied by Robust Production of IL-10 and IL-6. PLoS One 6:e28680 (2011). ELISA . Read more (PubMed: 22174866) »