IL-1a (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human ELISA Kit (ab46028)
- Product nameIL-1a (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human ELISA KitSee all IL1 alpha kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample A 22 459.8pg/ml 13 2.8% Sample B 21 72.6pg/ml 3.9 4.3% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Sample A 8 259.9pg/ml 15 5.8% Sample B 8 58.6pg/ml 4.3 7.3%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 10 pg/ml
- Range31.2 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Assay time3h 45m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s IL-1a (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-1a in cell culture supernatants, buffered solutions, serum, plasma and other body fluids. This assay will recognize both natural and recombinant Human IL-1a.
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-1a has been coated to the wells of the microtiter strip plate provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-1a concentrations and unknown are pipetted into these wells. During incubation, binding of IL-1a to the capture antibodies is completed and then any excess unbound analyte is removed by washing. A biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-1a is then incubated. After washing, the enzyme (streptavidin-peroxydase) is added. After incubation and washing to remove all the unbound enzyme, a substrate solution which is acting on the bound enzyme is added to induce a coloured reaction product. The intensity of this coloured product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-1 alpha present in the sample.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-1a.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-IL1a Red 1 x 0.4ml 2 x 0.4ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 23ml 1 x 23ml IL1a Control Silver 2 vials 4 vials IL-1a Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units IL-1a Standard (Lyophilized) Yellow 2 vials 4 vials Standard Diluent (Human Serum) 2 x 7ml 2 x 7ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceIL1 alpha is a member of the interleukin 1 cytokine family. It is a pleiotropic cytokine involved in various immune responses, inflammatory processes, and hematopoiesis. IL1 alpha is produced by monocytes and macrophages as a proprotein, which is proteolytically processed and released in response to cell injury, and thus induces apoptosis. This gene and eight other interleukin 1 family genes form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 2. It has been suggested that the polymorphism of these genes is associated with rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer's disease.
- Hematopoietin 1
- IL 1 alpha
- Il 1a
- IL1 ALPHA
- Interleukin 1 alpha
- Interleukin 1 alpha precursor
- Interleukin1 alpha
- Preinterleukin 1
- Pro interleukin 1
- Pro interleukin 1 alpha
- Prointerleukin 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46028 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-1a (Interleukin-1 alpha) Human ELISA Kit (ab46028)
ab46028 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.