IL-4 Human Elispot (Reagents for 10 x 96 tests, without plates) (ab46558)
- Product nameIL-4 Human Elispot (Reagents for 10 x 96 tests, without plates)See all IL4 kits ...
- Tests10 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The ELISPOT assay is designed to enumerate cytokine producing cells in a single cell suspension. This method has the advantage of requiring a minimum of in-vitro manipulations allowing cytokine production analysis as close as possible to in-vivo conditions in a highly specific way. This technique is designed to determine the frequency of cytokine producing cells under a given stimulation, and the follow-up of such frequency during a treatment and/or a pathological state. Elispot assay constitutes an ideal tool in the TH1 / TH2 response, vaccine development, viral infection monitoring and treatment, cancerology, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
This Elispot assay is based on sandwich immuno-enzyme technology. Cell secreted cytokines or soluble molecules are captured by coated antibodies avoiding diffusion in supernatant, protease degradation or binding on soluble membrane receptors. After cell removal, the captured cytokines are revealed by tracer antibodies and appropriate conjugates.
After cell stimulation, locally produced cytokines are captured by a specific monoclonal antibody. After cell lysis, trapped cytokine molecules are revealed by a secondary biotinylated detection antibody, which is in turn recognised by streptavidin conjugated to alkaline phosphatase. PVDF-bottomed-well plates are then incubated with BCIP/NBT substrate. Colored "purple" spots indicate cytokine production by individual cells.
Recognizes natural human IL4
- Tested applicationsMeasuring secreted proteins from cells more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 10 x 96 tests Bovine Serum albumin 2 x 1g IL-4 Biotinylated detection antibody 2 x 0.55ml IL-4 Capture antibody 2 x 0.5ml Ready-to-use substrate buffer 2 x 50ml Streptavidin - Alkaline Phosphatase conjugated 2 x 50µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceIL4 is a pleiotropic cytokine produced by activated T cells. This cytokine is a ligand for interleukin 4 receptor. The interleukin 4 receptor also binds to IL13, which may contribute to many overlapping functions of this cytokine and IL13. STAT6, a signal transducer and activator of transcription, has been shown to play a central role in mediating the immune regulatory signal of this cytokine. IL4, IL3, IL5, IL13, and CSF2 form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 5q, with this gene particularly close to IL13. IL4, IL13 and IL5 are found to be regulated coordinately by several long-range regulatory elements in an over 120 kilobase range on the chromosome. Two alternatively spliced transcript variants of this gene encoding distinct isoforms have been reported.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- B cell stimulatory factor 1
- Interleukin 4
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46558 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-4 Human Elispot (Reagents for 10 x 96 tests, without plates) (ab46558)
ab46558 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.