IL-5 Human Elispot Kit (Reagents for 10 x 96 tests, without plates) (ab46612)
- Product nameIL-5 Human Elispot Kit (Reagents for 10 x 96 tests, without plates)See all IL5 kits ...
- Tests10 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The ELISPOT assay is designed to enumerate cytokine producing cells in a single cell suspension. This method has the advantage of requiring a minimum of in-vitro manipulations allowing cytokine production analysis as close as possible to in-vivo conditions in a highly specific way. This technique is designed to determine the frequency of cytokine producing cells under a given stimulation, and the follow-up of such frequency during a treatment and/or a pathological state. Elispot assays are an ideal tool in the study of TH1 / TH2 response, vaccine development, viral infection monitoring and treatment, cancerology, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
The Elispot assay is based on sandwich immuno-enzyme technology. Cell secreted cytokines or soluble molecules are captured by coated antibodies avoiding diffusion in supernatant, protease degradation or binding on soluble membrane receptors. After cell removal, the captured cytokines are revealed by tracer antibodies and appropriate conjugates.
Principle of the Method
After cell stimulation, locally produced cytokines are captured by a specific monoclonal antibody. After cell lysis, trapped cytokine molecules are revealed by a secondary biotinylated detection antibody, which is in turn recognised by streptavidin conjugated to alkaline phosphatase. PVDF-bottomed-well plates are then incubated with BCIP/NBT substrate. Colored "purple" spots indicate cytokine production by individual cells.
Recognizes both natural and recombinant human IL5
- Tested applicationsMeasuring secreted proteins from cells more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 10 x 96 tests Bovine Serum albumin 2 x 1g Human IL-5 Capture antibody 2 x 0.5ml IL-5 Biotinylated Detection Antibody 2 x 0.55ml Ready-to-use substrate buffer 2 x 50ml Streptavidin - Alkaline Phosphatase conjugated 2 x 50µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceIL5 is a cytokine that acts as a growth and differentiation factor for both B cells and eosinophils. It is a main regulator of eosinopoiesis, eosinophil maturation and activation. The elevated production of IL5 is reported to be related to asthma or hypereosinophilic syndromes. The receptor of IL5 is a heterodimer, whose beta subunit is shared with the receptors for interleukine 3 (IL3) and colony stimulating factor 2 (CSF2/GM-CSF). This gene, together with those for interleukin 4 (IL4), interleukin 13 (IL13), and CSF2, form a cytokine gene cluster on chromosome 5. IL5, IL4, and IL13 are found to be regulated coordinately by long-range regulatory elements spread over 120 kilobases on chromosome 5q31.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- Eosinophil differentiation factor
- Interleukin 5
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46612 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-5 Human Elispot Kit (Reagents for 10 x 96 tests, without plates) (ab46612)
ab46612 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.