IL-6 (Interleukin-6) Rat ELISA Kit (ab119548)
- Product nameIL-6 (Interleukin-6) Rat ELISA KitSee all IL6 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 5%
- Tests1 x 96 test
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity12 pg/ml
- Range31 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
Abcam’s IL-6 (Interleukin-6) rat ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of rat IL-6 in culture supernatant and serum.
This assay employs an antibody specific for rat IL-6 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and IL-6 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-rat IL-6 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated Streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of IL-6 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 4 units Biotin-Conjugate anti-rat IL6 monoclonal antibody 1 x 100µl Blue-Dye 1 x 400µl Green-Dye 1 x 400µl IL-6 Standard lyophilized (4 ng/mL upon reconstitution) 2 vials Microplate coated with monoclonal antibody to rat IL-6 (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Red-Dye 1 x 400µl Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml Streptavidin-HRP 1 x 150µl TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionCytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
- Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IL6 are associated with susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis systemic juvenile (RASJ) [MIM:604302]. An inflammatory articular disorder with systemic-onset beginning before the age of 16. It represents a subgroup of juvenile arthritis associated with severe extraarticular features and occasionally fatal complications. During active phases of the disorder, patients display a typical daily spiking fever, an evanescent macular rash, lymphadenopathy, hepatosplenomegaly, serositis, myalgia and arthritis.
Note=A IL6 promoter polymorphism is associated with a lifetime risk of development of Kaposi sarcoma in HIV-infected men.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
modificationsN- and O-glycosylated.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- B cell differentiation factor
- B-cell stimulatory factor 2
- CTL differentiation factor
- Hybridoma growth factor
- Interferon beta-2
- Interleukin 6
- Interleukin BSF2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119548 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL-6 (Interleukin-6) Rat ELISA Kit (ab119548)
ab119548 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.