Anti-IL1 beta antibody [1400.24.17] (ab13784)
- Product nameAnti-IL1 beta antibody [1400.24.17]See all IL1 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [1400.24.17] to IL1 beta
- SpecificityThis antibody recognizes both the recombinant and the natural form of mouse IL1b.
- Tested applicationsELISA, Neutralising more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Mouse IL1 beta
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was purified from tissue culture supernatant via affinity chromatography.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1400.24.17
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13784 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Ab13784 can be used as the capture reagent in a two-site sandwich ELISA for measuring mouse IL1b levels using recombinant mouse IL-1b as the standard. This ELISA measured IL1b in mice with a detection range between 10 pg/ml and 3 ng/ml after zymosan induced inflammation. See Oluyomi AO et al.|
|Neutralising||Neut: Use at an assay dependent dilution. See Geiger T et al.|
- FunctionProduced by activated macrophages, IL-1 stimulates thymocyte proliferation by inducing IL-2 release, B-cell maturation and proliferation, and fibroblast growth factor activity. IL-1 proteins are involved in the inflammatory response, being identified as endogenous pyrogens, and are reported to stimulate the release of prostaglandin and collagenase from synovial cells.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-1 family.
- DomainThe similarity among the IL-1 precursors suggests that the amino ends of these proteins serve some as yet undefined function.
- Cellular localizationSecreted. The lack of a specific hydrophobic segment in the precursor sequence suggests that IL-1 is released by damaged cells or is secreted by a mechanism differing from that used for other secretory proteins.
- Catabolin antibody
- H1 antibody
- Hematopoietin 1 antibody
- IFN beta inducing factor antibody
- IL 1 antibody
- IL 1 beta antibody
- IL 1B antibody
- IL-1 beta antibody
- IL1 BETA antibody
- IL1B antibody
- IL1B_HUMAN antibody
- IL1F2 antibody
- Interleukin 1 beta antibody
- Interleukin 1 beta precursor antibody
- Interleukin-1 beta antibody
- LAF antibody
- OAF antibody
- Osteoclast activating factor antibody
- OTTHUMP00000162031 antibody
- Preinterleukin 1 beta antibody
- Preinterleukin beta antibody
- Pro interleukin 1 beta antibody
References for Anti-IL1 beta antibody [1400.24.17] (ab13784)
This product has been referenced in:
- Oluyomi AO et al. Differential effects of prednisolone and indomethacin on zymosan-induced inflammation in a modified murine tissue-chamber model. Inflamm Res 44:350-6 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 8581523) »
- Geiger T et al. Neutralization of interleukin-1 beta activity in vivo with a monoclonal antibody alleviates collagen-induced arthritis in DBA/1 mice and prevents the associated acute-phase response. Clin Exp Rheumatol 11:515-22 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 8275587) »