IL17 Human Elispot Kit (ab83719)
- Product nameIL17 Human Elispot KitSee all IL17 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests15 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Product overview
The ELISPOT assay is designed to enumerate cytokine producing cells in a single cell suspension. This method has the advantage of requiring a minimum of in-vitro manipulations allowing cytokine production analysis as close as possible to in-vivo conditions in a highly specific way. This technique is designed to determine the frequency of cytokine producing cells under a given stimulation, and the follow-up of such frequency during a treatment and/or a pathological state. Elispot assay constitutes an ideal tool in the TH1 / TH2 response, vaccine development, viral infection monitoring and treatment, cancerology, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and transplantation. The Elispot assay is based on sandwich immuno-enzyme technology. Cell secreted cytokines or soluble molecules are captured by coated antibodies avoiding diffusion in supernatant, protease degradation or binding on soluble membrane receptors. After cell removal, the captured cytokines are revealed by tracer antibodies and appropriate conjugates.
Principle of Method
After cell stimulation, locally produced cytokines are captured by a specific monoclonal antibody. After cell lysis, trapped cytokine molecules are revealed by a secondary biotinylated detection antibody, which is in turn recognised by streptavidin conjugated to alkaline phosphatase. PVDF-bottomed-well plates are then incubated with BCIP/NBT substrate. Colored "purple" spots indicate cytokine production by individual cells.
Recognizes natural human IL-17A
- Tested applicationsMeasuring secreted proteins from cells more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 15 x 96 tests 96 PVDF-bottomed-well plates. 15 units Bovine Serum albumin 3 x 1g Human IL17 Biotinylated detection antibody 3 x 0.55ml Human IL17 Capture antibody 3 x 0.5ml Ready-to-use BCIP/NBT substrate buffer 3 x 50ml Streptavidin - Alkaline Phosphatase conjugated 3 x 50µl
- Research Areas
- RelevanceIL17, also known as CTLA8, is a T cell derived hematopoietic cytokine. It was originally cloned from a T cell hybridoma produced by fusion of a mouse cytotoxic T cell clone and a rat T lymphoma. IL17 exhibits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL6, IL8 and GCSF production in fibroblasts; the enhancement of surface expression of ICAM 1 in fibroblasts; activation of NF kappaB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. IL17 is an approximately 16 kDa polypeptide of 136 amino acids. The precursor form of IL17 consists of 155 amino acids. To generate the mature IL17 (136 amino acids), the precursor cleaves a 19 amino acid signal peptide. Human IL17 shows approximately 62.5% amino acid homology to mouse IL17 and 58% amino acid homology to rat IL17.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- CTLA 8
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated antigen 8
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated protein 8
- Cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated serine esterase 8
- IL 17A
- Interleukin 17A
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83719 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for IL17 Human Elispot Kit (ab83719)
ab83719 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.