IF - Oct4 antibody (ab19857) ESC Marker
A colony of differentiating hESCs double-stained with anti-Oct4 antibody ab19857 (green) and Sox17 antibody (red). The nuclei of Oct4-positive undifferentiated hESCs stained bright green. Staining was restricted to the nuclei. Oct4-positive nuclei were Sox17-negative, and vice versa. This antibody can be used as a marker of Oct4-positive undifferentiated hESCs.
Ludovic Vallier, University of Cambridge
Oct4 antibody (ab19857)
This rabbit polyclonal antibody recognises the pluripotency marker Oct4, expressed in Embryonic Stem Cells and Embryonic Germ Cells.
- Reacts with human and mouse tissues and is predicted to react with rat (85% identity with immunogen) due to sequence homology.
- Tested in western blot (WB) and immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence (ICC/IF).
CD133 antibody (ab19898)
The CD133 (also named AC133) antigen is a 97 kDa glycoprotein, with 5 transmembrane domains, that shows up as a 120 kDa band on protein gels due to glycosylation. It is a cell surface marker expressed by immature hematopoietic stem cells but not mature blood cells. In addition to hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells, CD133 has been found to be a marker for other stem and progenitor cells including neural and embryonic stem cells.
- Reacts with human and mouse
- Tested in western blot (WB) and immunocytochemistry (ICC)
- Read recent Abreviews!
Noggin antibody (ab16054)
Noggin is an antagonist of bone morphogenic proteins in the TGF beta signaling pathway. Noggin itself can be used as a tool to differentiate human embryonic stem cells into neural precursor cells.
- Reacts with mouse, predicted to react with human (100% identity with immunogen), Xenopus laevis (93% identity with immunogen), chicken (100% identity with immunogen) and horse (100% identity with immunogen) due to sequence homology.
- Tested in western blot (WB)
Sonic Hedgehog antibody (ab19897)
Sonic Hedgehog, which is expressed only during embryogenesis, is instrumental in patterning the early embryo. It has been implicated as the key inductive signal in patterning of the ventral neural tube, the anterior-posterior limb axis, and the ventral somites. Of three human proteins showing sequence and functional similarity to the Sonic Hedgehog protein of Drosophila, this protein is the most similar. The protein is made as a precursor that is autocatalytically cleaved; the N-terminal portion is soluble and contains the signalling activity while the C-terminal portion is involved in precursor processing. More importantly, the C-terminal product covalently attaches a cholesterol moiety to the N-terminal product, restricting the N-terminal product to the cell surface and preventing it from freely diffusing throughout the developing embryo.
- Reacts with mouse, predicted to react with human (100% identity with immunogen), Xenopus laevis (94% identity with immunogen), zebrafish (94% identity with immunogen), chicken (94% identity with immunogen) and cow (94% identity with immunogen) due to sequence homology.
- Tested in western blot (WB)