Thursday 14th (pm) - Sunday 17th (noon)
Confirmed invited speakers:
Cheng-Ming Chuong, Hans Clevers, George Daley, Connie Eaves, Kevin Eggan, Fred Gage, Rudolf Jaenisch, Rene Ketting, Jurgen Knoblich, Ronald McKay, Freda Miller, Sean Morrison, Wolf Reik, Amy Wagers, Irving Weissman
Deadline for oral presentations will be September 30th 2006. Poster abstracts will be accepted up until October 26th.
Until August 25th 2006 - $995 (single occupancy), $850 (sharing), $700 special Student rate (sharing only)
From August 25th 2006 - $1,150 (single occupancy), $950 (sharing), $800 special Student rate (sharing only).
The All-Inclusive package includes the conference, accommodation, all meals and drinks and certain sports (see below for full details)
Abcam have negotiated special rates for extra nights, children and partners (see below).
Registration now closed.
Travel & attractions:
Should you have any queries please contact Abcam Administration Team.
Tel: +44 1323 637723 Fax: +44 1323 637777
Thursday 14th Dec
18:00 – 19.00 Keynote Speaker – Rudolf Jaenisch
19:00 Poolside dinner reception
Friday 15th Dec
09:00 - 10:30 Session 1: Stem Cells and cancer
09.00 – 09.30 Sean Morrison
09.30 – 09.45 Charles Vinson
09.45 – 10.00 Monica Nister
10.00 – 10.30 Connie Eaves
11:00 - 12:15
11.00 – 11.30 Hans Clevers
11.30 – 11.45 Rebecca Morris
11.45 – 12.15 Irving Weissman
Lunch and free time *
17.45 – 19.30 Session 2: ESC differentiation and nuclear reprogramming
17.45 – 18.15 Kevin Eggan
18.15 – 18.30 Eran Meshorer
18.30 – 18.45 Miguel Ramalho-Santos
18.45 – 19.00 Marica Grskovic
19.00 – 19.30 George Daley
19:30 - 22:30 Poster session and evening buffet
Saturday 16th Dec
09:00 - 10:30 Session 2 (cont): ESC differentiation and nuclear reprogramming
09.00 – 09.30 Ron McKay
09.30 – 09.45 Neta Lavon
09.45 – 10.00 Gregory Korbutt
10.00 – 10.15 Hiram Chipperfield
10:45 - 12:30 Session 3: Differentiation potential of adult stem cells
10.45 – 11.15 Amy Wagers
11.15 – 11.30 Kyung-Sun Kang
11.30 – 11.45 Francisco Silva
11.45 – 12.00 Simon Smukler
12.00 - 12.30 Freda Miller
Lunch and free time *
16:00 - 17:30 Session 4: Stem Cell evolution/devolopment, microRNAs and retrotransposons
16.00 – 16.30 Ching-Ming Chuong
16.30 – 16.45 Oleg Tsinkalovsky
16.45 – 17.00 Nobuyasu Maki
17.00 – 17.30 René Ketting
18:00 - 19.30 Session 4 (cont)
18.00 – 18.15 Michael Collard
18.15 – 18.30 Margaret Shaw
18.30 – 19.45 Johan Jakobsson
19.45 – 12.00 Amy Hazen
19.00 – 19.30 Fred Gage
19.30 Beach Barbeque
Sunday 17th Dec
09:00 - 10:30 Session 5: Epigenetics and asymmetry
09.00 – 09.30 Wolf Reik
09.30 – 09.45 Carlos Pereira
09.45 – 10.00 Laura O’Neill
10.00 – 10.30 Brian Hendrich
11:00 - 12:15 Session 5 (cont)
11.00 – 11.15 Hao Wu
11.15 – 11.45 Jurgen Knoblich
11.45 – 12.00 Phil Jones
12.00 – 12.15 Phillip Karpowicz
Lunch and departures
Scuba diving trip (for qualified divers)
Beach volleyball competition
Day trip to Cancun
- Accommodation on December 14, 15 and 16, 2006 (3 nights) and conference
- Airport transfers (for delegates arriving on 14 December and departing on 17 December only)
- All meals
- Unlimited soft drinks and alcoholic beverages from 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Children under 4 stay and eat for free
- All rooms feature a stunning view of the Caribbean Sea
- Volley ball, water polo, aqua aerobics and use of tennis courts, fitness centre and FIFA regulation-size football pitch
- 2 for 1 in Green fees at Hilton Cancun Golf Club
- 50% discount on wired/wireless Hi-speed Internet access
- 20% discount and other special deals in Spa services, including massages, body treatments/wraps and facials
- Discount card for cosmetics and perfumes at all Ultrafemme stores and boutiques
- Options to join organised snorkelling and scuba diving trips on the Great Maya Reef
For spouses/partners staying during the conference dates (Dec 14, 15 and 16) the all inclusive rate is $485 (includes all conference socials and transfers).
If you wish to extend your stay at the hotel, or you would like to invite guests/spouses for additional nights outside the conference dates, Abcam have negotiated special all-inclusive rates of $150 (double occupancy) and $210 (single occupancy) per person.
Abcam have also negotiated the following special rates for children (sharing bedrooms with parents/ guardians) for the duration of the conference: children under 4 are free; 4-12 are $35 per person, per night; 13-18 are $75 per night for the conference nights. Please contact the conference administration team directly to request availability for children: email@example.com
The venue is only 15 minutes from Cancun's International Airport.
Cancun International Airport offers direct scheduled services from:
- US: American Airlines (Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami), Aeromexico (Houston, Miami, Los Angeles), Continental Airlines (Newark, Houston), Delta Airlines (Atlanta, Miami, Salt Lake City), Mexicana (Los Angeles, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami), US Airways (Charlotte, Philadelphia).
- Canada: Air Canada (Calgary, Halifax, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnepeg)
- Europe: Connect in US
Additional charter services available from London and other international airports.
The Hilton Cancun Resort is located beachfront, on the main strip of the Hotel Zone in Cancun. It is ideally situated between the azure Nichupté Lagoon and the sparkling turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea, blending the quaint charm of a traditional Mexican hacienda with the modern features of a world-class facility. The hotel offers Cancun's only Par 72 Resort Hotel Golf Club and a 12,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art spa facility.
Attractions close to the resort include:
- Xcaret, Akumal, and Xel-ha natural wildlife parks
- Tulúm, Cobá, and Chichen Itzá archeological sites (Mayan ruins)
The Great Maya Reef is the largest coral reef system in the Northern Hemisphere, providing some of the best diving and snorkeling experiences in the world. Sport fishing, parasailing, tubing, kayaking, wind surfing, and swimming are also available. Further inland, the tropical Maya Jungle offers horseback riding, jeep tours, ATV discovery rides, nature trails and mystical Cenotes (limestone sinkholes). In addition to the beautiful white beaches, magnificent inland and coastal scenery there is a warm annual average temperature of 78°F, 25.5°C.