Apoptosis is a highly organised process of cell death, which is essential to ensure normal development and homeostasis of all multi-cellular organisms. It counterbalances cell proliferation and differentiation pathways and removes excesses and unwanted cells. Abcam offers a variety of apoptosis assay kits that enable you to reproducibly, quickly and easily measure apoptosis:
- Annexin-V assay kits- detect apoptosis in 10 min
- Calpain assay kit- includes both positive and negative controls enabling you to analyze calpain activities in apoptotic and other samples
- Caspase assay kits- easily quantify caspase activities in just one-step
- Cathepsin assay kits- measure cathepsin activities in as little as 2 hours
- Cell viability and senescence kits- 8 assays helping you to study cell cytotoxicity
- DNA fragmentation kits- increased sensitivity: detect apoptotic DNA ladders from samples containing just 5% apoptotic cells
- Mitochondrial transmembrane potential apoptosis detection kits- available for 25 and 100 tests
Brand new assay kit brochure
Metabolism assay kits
Metabolic processes are essential for all living beings and are divided into two main categories: anabolic processes, which consume energy for the synthesis of cellular components such as proteins and nucleic acids and catabolic processes, which release energy by breaking down organic compounds. We offer assay kits to conveniently measure metabolic processes in 96-well microtiter plates by fluorometric/colorimetric detection.
To learn more download a PDF version of our metabolic pathways card (190 kB).
Browse our range of metabolism assay kits that enable you to measure:
- Alcohol - up to 500 tests to detect alcohol in tissue culture supernatants, urine, plasma and serum.
- Amino acids - 12 kits to quantify the most common amino acids in less than 1 hour.
- Coenzymes and cofactors - suitable for a wide range of samples: cell/tissue lysates, culture media, urine, plasma and serum.
- Creatinine - determine creatinine from serum/plasma in ~ 1 hour.
- Inorganic ions - 100 tests to detect ammonia, calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Intermediary metabolism - 15 kits to analyze Krebs cycle products in under 1 hour.
- Lipid metabolism - easily quantify adipogenesis, cholesterol and glycerol levels .
- Nitric oxide - measure total nitrate/nitrite levels in about 1.5 hours.
- Phosphates - it only takes 30 min to detect phosphate concentrations between 1 µM and 1 mM.
- Sugars - choose one of our 24 kits to measure fructose, galactose, glucose, lactose or maltose.
- Oxidative stress - efficiently measure antioxidants, free radicals and peroxides.
Visit our metabolism assay kits page.