Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE peptide (ab41260)
- Product nameInsulin degrading enzyme / IDE peptideSee all Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE proteins and peptides ...
- DescriptionRecombinant, Mid molecule
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab41260 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Purity> 95
% by SDS-PAGE.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.001% Tween 20, 30mM HEPES, 2mM EDTA, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 6.75
- Abeta-degrading protease
- insulin protease
- Insulin-degrading enzyme
- FunctionPlays a role in the cellular breakdown of insulin, IAPP, glucagon, bradykinin, kallidin and other peptides, and thereby plays a role in intercellular peptide signaling. Degrades amyloid formed by APP and IAPP. May play a role in the degradation and clearance of naturally secreted amyloid beta-protein by neurons and microglia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M16 family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell surface. Present at the cell surface of neuron cells. The membrane-associated isoform is approximately 5 kDa larger than the known cytosolic isoform.
References for Insulin degrading enzyme / IDE peptide (ab41260)
ab41260 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.