For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (up to 6 months). Store at -20°C long term.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThis antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Application notesI-ELISA: 1/1000.
WB: 1/100 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionHas antiviral, antibacterial and anticancer activities.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha/beta interferon family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
Information by UniProt
- beta-interferon antibody
- Fibroblast interferon antibody
- IFB antibody
Anti-Interferon beta antibody images
Western blot - Interferon beta antibody (ab91245)
Anti-Interferon beta antibody (ab91245) at 1/100 dilution + HepG2 cell line lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 22 kDa
Observed band size : 26 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"