Interferon Gamma + IL2 Human Fluorospot Kit (ab48454)
- Product nameInterferon Gamma + IL2 Human Fluorospot KitSee all Interferon Gamma + IL2 kits ...
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests10 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Cell culture extracts
- Assay typeSandwich (qualitative)
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
The ELISPOT assay is designed to enumerate cytokine producing cells in a single cell suspension. This method has the advantage of requiring a minimum of in-vitro manipulations allowing cytokine production analysis as close as possible to in-vivo conditions in a highly specific way. This technique is designed to determine the frequency of cytokine producing cells under a given stimulation, and the follow-up of such frequency during a treatment and/or a pathological state. Elispot assay constitutes an ideal tool in the TH1 / TH2 response, vaccine development, viral infection monitoring and treatment, oncology, infectious diseases, autoimmune diseases and transplantation.
This Elispot assay is based on sandwich immuno-enzyme technology. Cell secreted cytokines or soluble molecules are captured by coated antibodies avoiding diffusion in supernatant, protease degradation or binding on soluble membrane receptors. After cell removal, the captured cytokines are revealed by tracer antibodies and appropriate conjugates.
- Tested applicationsFluorospot more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 10 x 96 tests Anti-FITC antibody green fluorescence conjugate. 2 vials Biotinylated detection antibody for IL-2 (resuspend in 0.55mL). 2 x 0.55ml Bovine Serum albumin. 2 x 1g Capture antibody for IFN gamma 2 x 0.5ml Capture antibody for IL-2 2 x 0.5ml FITC conjugated detection antibody for IFN gamma (resuspend in 0.55mL). 2 x 0.55ml Fluorescence buffer 2 x 2.5ml Streptavidin-phycoerythrin conjugate. 2 vials
- RelevanceIFN-gamma is produced by lymphocytes activated by specific antigens or mitogens. IFN-gamma, in addition to having antiviral activity, has important immunoregulatory functions. It is a potent activator of macrophages, it has antiproliferative effects on transformed cells and it can potentiate the antiviral and antitumor effects of the type I interferons.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- IFN gamma
- Immune interferon
- Interferon gamma
- Interleukin 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48454 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Interferon Gamma + IL2 Human Fluorospot Kit (ab48454)
ab48454 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.