Anti-intestinal FABP antibody (ab60272)
- Product nameAnti-intestinal FABP antibodySee all intestinal FABP primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to intestinal FABP
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide: C-EGVEAKRIFKKD, corresponding to C terminal amino acids 121-132 of Human intestinal FABP
- Positive controlHuman Duodenum lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline, pH 7.3
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60272 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Antibody detection limit dilution 1:64000.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.001 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 16 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).Can be blocked with intestinal FABP peptide (ab115238).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 3 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 23236492|
- FunctionFABP are thought to play a role in the intracellular transport of long-chain fatty acids and their acyl-CoA esters. FABP2 is probably involved in triglyceride-rich lipoprotein synthesis. Binds saturated long-chain fatty acids with a high affinity, but binds with a lower affinity to unsaturated long-chain fatty acids. FABP2 may also help maintain energy homeostasis by functioning as a lipid sensor.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in the small intestine and at much lower levels in the large intestine. Highest expression levels in the jejunum.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calycin superfamily. Fatty-acid binding protein (FABP) family.
- DomainForms a beta-barrel structure that accommodates the hydrophobic ligand in its interior.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
- FABP 2 antibodyFABP2 antibodyFABPI antibody
- FABPI_HUMAN antibodyFatty acid binding protein 2 intestinal antibodyFatty acid binding protein antibodyFatty acid binding protein intestinal antibodyFatty acid-binding protein 2 antibodyFatty acid-binding protein antibodyI FABP antibodyI-FABP antibodyIFABP antibodyintestinal antibodyIntestinal fatty acid binding protein 2 antibodyIntestinal-type fatty acid-binding protein antibodyMGC133132 antibodyOTTHUMP00000163925 antibody
Anti-intestinal FABP antibody images
ab60272 antibody (0.001µg/ml) staining of intestinal FABP in Human Duodenum lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer)
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
Observed band size : 16 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab60272 staining FABP in Human small intestine by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections). The tissue sections underwent antigen retrieval by steam with citrate buffer pH 6.0. The AP staining procedure was used for detection.
References for Anti-intestinal FABP antibody (ab60272)
This product has been referenced in:
- Treutlein G et al. Novel potential interacting partners of fibronectin in spontaneous animal model of interstitial cystitis. PLoS One 7:e51391 (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Cat . Read more (PubMed: 23236492) »