JNK 1/2/3 pThr183/Tyr185 + Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119663)
- Product nameJNK 1/2/3 pThr183/Tyr185 + Total PhosphoTracer ELISA KitSee all JNK (phospho Thr183/Tyr185) + total JNK kits ...
- Detection methodFluorescent
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture extracts
- Assay typeSemi-quantitative
- Assay time2h 0m
- Assay durationOne step assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
- Product overview
PhosphoTracer assays use a traditional immuno-sandwich format, but with a major difference both the analyte and the assay reagents are added to the PhosphoTracer assay microplate at the same time. After a short incubation period, unbound assay reagents and analytes are washed away, and immuno-complexes containing both antibodies are detected. The process can take as little as 60 minutes to complete.
PhosphoTracer kits also allow a higher degree of assay flexibility. In contrast to other ELISA formats, no antibodies are present on the assay microplate itself, so assays for several different targets can be performed in different wells on the same microplate. Simply mix the lysate with your target reagents of choice, using the microplate configuration of your choice.
A whole new way of performing cellular assays, PhosphoTracer takes the hard work out of running a standard ELISA, while still giving the high quality results expected from a sandwich immunoassay. Fully self-contained kits are supplied in convenient 96-well packs. Simple to use and highly sensitive PhosphoTracer kits are designed to get results, fast.
Abcam's PhosphoTracer JNKassay kits detect endogenous levels of JNK 1/2/3 (GenBank Accessions NP_620637 [JNK1], NP_620707 [JNK2] and NP_620446 [JNK3]) in cellular lysates. The phospho-JNK assays detects JNK only when phosphorylated at Thr183/Tyr185. The total JNK assay detects JNK irrespective of phosphorylation.
The substrate used with the HRP conjugated detection antibody is a combination of 10-Acetyl-3,7-dihydroxyphenoxazine (ADHP) (wavelength exc/em = 530-540nm / 590-600nm), a highly sensitive and stable substrate for HRP) and ADHP Dilution Buffer (a stabilized H2O2 solution). Learn more about the fluorogenic substrate, ADHP.
Sensitivity: Phospho-JNK: 50ng/ml (tested with rhJNK1alpha), JNK: 5ng/ml (tested with rhJNK1alpha).
Range: Phospho-JNK: 50-5000ng/ml (tested with rhJNK1alpha), JNK: 5-5000ng/ml (tested with rhJNK1alpha).
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 96-well PhosphoTracer assay plate (stripwell) 1 unit Adherent plate seal 2 units ADHP (100X) 1 x 120µl ADHP Dilution Buffer 1 x 15ml Assay Control Lysate (lyophilized) 1 x 0.25ml Enhancer Solution 1 x 1ml Lysis Buffer (5X) 1 x 15ml Mouse monoclonal JNK 1/2/3 (HRP) (24 assay points) 1 x 0.75ml Mouse monoclonal Phospho-JNK 1/2/3 (HRP) (72 assay points) 3 x 0.75ml Rabbit monoclonal Phospho-JNK (Thr183/Tyr185)(81E11) (72 assay points) 3 x 0.75ml Rabbit polyclonal JNK 1/2/3 (24 assay points) 1 x 0.75ml Stop Solution 1 x 2ml Wash Buffer (10X) 1 x 15ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionResponds to activation by environmental stress and pro-inflammatory cytokines by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors, primarily components of AP-1 such as JUN, JDP2 and ATF2 and thus regulates AP-1 transcriptional activity. In T-cells, JNK1 and JNK2 are required for polarized differentiation of T-helper cells into Th1 cells (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4).
JNK1 isoforms display different binding patterns: beta-1 preferentially binds to c-Jun, whereas alpha-1, alpha-2, and beta-2 have a similar low level of binding to both c-Jun or ATF2. However, there is no correlation between binding and phosphorylation, which is achieved at about the same efficiency by all isoforms.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-183 and Tyr-185, which activates the enzyme.
- c Jun kinase 2
- c Jun N terminal kinase 2
- c Jun N terminal kinase 3
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1
- JNK 55
- JNK3 alpha protein kinase
- Jun kinase
- JUN N terminal kinase
- MAP kinase 10
- MAP kinase 8
- MAP kinase 9
- MAP kinase p49 3F12
- MAPK 10
- MAPK 8
- MAPK 9
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 10
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 8 isoform JNK1 alpha1
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 8 isoform JNK1 beta2
- Mitogen activated protein kinase 9
- Mitogen-activated protein kinase 8
- Stress activated protein kinase 1a
- Stress activated protein kinase 1b
- Stress activated protein kinase 1c
- Stress activated protein kinase beta
- Stress activated protein kinase JNK2
- Stress activated protein kinase JNK3
- Stress-activated protein kinase 1
- Stress-activated protein kinase JNK1
- Entrez Gene: 5599 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5601 Human
- Entrez Gene: 5602 Human
- Entrez Gene: 26419 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26420 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 26414 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 116554 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 50658 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 25272 Rat
- Omim: 601158 Human
- Omim: 602896 Human
- Omim: 602897 Human
- SwissProt: P45983 Human
- SwissProt: P45984 Human
- SwissProt: P53779 Human
- SwissProt: P45983 Human
- SwissProt: Q91Y86 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q61831 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9WTU6 Mouse
- SwissProt: P49187 Rat
- SwissProt: P49185 Rat
- SwissProt: P49186 Rat
- Unigene: 138211 Human
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119663 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Sandwich ELISA||sELISA. Phospho-JNK: Tested in HeLa, HEK293, U937, NIH3T3. JNK: Tested in HEK293, HeLa, A431, C2C12, Raw264.7, A549, PC3, NIH3T3, U937.|
JNK 1/2/3 pThr183/Tyr185 + Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit images
Using the JNK 1/2/3 assay kits, a significant stimulation of JNK 1/2/3 phosphorylation at Thr183/Tyr185 is detected in HEK293 cells treated with anisomycin for 30 minutes compared with untreated cells, while no change in total JNK levels is observed.
A Dilution series of recombinant active JNK1alpha was prepared by diluting to various concentrations in Lysis Mix containing 0.1% BSA. This dilution series was analyzed using the phospho-JNK assay. Limit of detection of active rhJNK was around 50 ng/mL.
PhosphoTracer JNK (pT183/Y185) + total JNK ELISA Kit (ab119663) used in Sandwich ELISA.
References for JNK 1/2/3 pThr183/Tyr185 + Total PhosphoTracer ELISA Kit (ab119663)
ab119663 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.