K-562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7911)
- Product nameK-562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Whole Cell LysateSee all K562 lysates ...
- General notesCell line: K562 (Human chronic myelogenous leukemia) Growth media: RPMI & 10% NCS (Newborn calf serum)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 6.80
Constituent: 5% Beta mercaptoethanol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityWhole Cell Lysate
- Lysate notes K562 cell lysate was prepared by homogenization in modified RIPA buffer (150 mM sodium chloride, 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.4, 1 mM ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, 1 mM phenylmethylsulfonyl flouride, 1% Triton X-100, 1% sodium deoxycholic acid, 0.1% sodium dodecylsulfate, 5 µg/ml of aprotinin, 5 µg/ml of leupeptin). Cell debris was removed by centrifugation. Protein concentration was determined with Bio-Rad protein assay. The cell lysate was boiled for 5 minutes in 1 x SDS sample buffer (50 mM Tris-HCl pH 6.8, 12.5% glycerol, 1% sodium dodecylsulfate, 0.01% bromophenol blue) containing 5% b-mercaptoethanol.
- Research Areas
- BackgroundK-562 is an erythroleukemia cell line derived from a chronic myeloid leukemia patient in blast crisis. Recent studies have shown the K562 blasts are multipotential, hematopoietic malignant cells that spontaneously differentiate into recognisable progenitors of the erythrocyte, granulocyte and monocytic series. Cells are also used for haemoglobin synthesis, antitumour testing, tumorigenicity, differentiation, pharmacodynamics, cloning, cytotoxicity, cell biology, cellular effects of hyperthermia, and natural killer assays.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7911 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
K562 cell lysate is ready to load on SDS-PAGE for Western blotting, 20 µg per lane is recommended for mini gel.
References for K-562 (Human erythromyeloblastoid leukemia cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7911)
ab7911 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.