Anti-KAT13A / SRC1 [1135/H4] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab84)
- Product nameAnti-KAT13A / SRC1 [1135/H4] antibody - ChIP GradeSee all KAT13A / SRC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1135/H4] to KAT13A / SRC1 - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ChIP, Flow Cyt, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Monkey
Fusion protein, corresponding to amino acids 477-947 of Human SRC1
- Positive control
- Cos cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPhosphate buffered saline
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notes1 mg/ml of antibody purified from ascites by Protein G chromatography to at least 95% homogeneity as determined by SDS-PAGE. Prepared in 10mM PBS (pH 7.4).
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1135/H4
- Light chain typekappa
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use 5µl for 106 cells.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 169 kDa.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.|
- FunctionNuclear receptor coactivator that directly binds nuclear receptors and stimulates the transcriptional activities in a hormone-dependent fashion. Involved in the coactivation of different nuclear receptors, such as for steroids (PGR, GR and ER), retinoids (RXRs), thyroid hormone (TRs) and prostanoids (PPARs). Also involved in coactivation mediated by STAT3, STAT5A, STAT5B and STAT6 transcription factors. Displays histone acetyltransferase activity toward H3 and H4; the relevance of such activity remains however unclear. Plays a central role in creating multisubunit coactivator complexes that act via remodeling of chromatin, and possibly acts by participating in both chromatin remodeling and recruitment of general transcription factors. Required with NCOA2 to control energy balance between white and brown adipose tissues. Required for mediating steroid hormone response. Isoform 2 has a higher thyroid hormone-dependent transactivation activity than isoform 1 and isoform 3.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving NCOA1 is a cause of rhabdomyosarcoma. Translocation t(2;2)(q35;p23) with PAX3 generates the NCOA1-PAX3 oncogene consisting of the N-terminus part of PAX3 and the C-terminus part of NCOA1. The fusion protein acts as a transcriptional activator. Rhabdomyosarcoma is the most common soft tissue carcinoma in childhood, representing 5-8% of all malignancies in children.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SRC/p160 nuclear receptor coactivator family.
Contains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domain.
- DomainThe C-terminal (1107-1441) part mediates the histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity.
Contains 7 Leu-Xaa-Xaa-Leu-Leu (LXXLL) motifs. LXXLL motifs 3, 4 and 5 are essential for the association with nuclear receptors. LXXLL motif 7, which is not present in isoform 2, increases the affinity for steroid receptors in vitro.
modificationsSumoylated; sumoylation increases its interaction with PGR and prolongs its retention in the nucleus. It does not prevent its ubiquitination and does not exert a clear effect on the stability of the protein.
Ubiquitinated; leading to proteasome-mediated degradation. Ubiquitination and sumoylation take place at different sites.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- ASV antibody
- bHLHe74 antibody
- c SRC antibody
- Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 74 antibody
- F SRC 1 antibody
- Hin 2 protein antibody
- Hin2 protein antibody
- MGC129719 antibody
- MGC129720 antibody
- mNRC 1 antibody
- NCoA 1 antibody
- NCoA-1 antibody
- Ncoa1 antibody
- NCOA1_HUMAN antibody
- Nuclear receptor coactivator 1 antibody
- Nuclear receptor coactivator protein 1 antibody
- NY REN 52 antigen antibody
- NY REN 52 antigen antibody
- p60 Src antibody
- pp60c src antibody
- Protein Hin 2 antibody
- Protein Hin 2 antibody
- Protein Hin-2 antibody
- Protein Hin2 antibody
- Proto oncogene tyrosine protein kinase Src antibody
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY REN 52 antibody
- Renal carcinoma antigen NY-REN-52 antibody
- RIP 160 antibody
- RIP160 antibody
- SRC 1 antibody
- SRC-1 antibody
- Steroid receptor coactivator 1 antibody
- v src avian sarcoma (Schmidt Ruppin A 2) viral oncogene homolog antibody
Anti-KAT13A / SRC1 [1135/H4] antibody - ChIP Grade images
Sonicated Chromatin prepared from untreated (UI) or 17beta-estradiol (E2) treated MCF7 cells was subjected to the ChIP procedure with ab84 to SRC1 and the immunoprecipitated chromatin was analysed in the proximal region of the estrogen-responsive pS2 promoter (as shown above) and quantified by real-time PCR (values are nomalized over inputs). The primers are designed to follow the nucleosome E (including the Estrogen Responsive Element ERE). 5
µl of ab84 and 2x106 cells were used in each ChIP experiment.
ab84 (2µg/ml) staining SRC1 in human colonic mucosa using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong nuclear staining of mucosal epithelium and lymphocytes.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab84 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab84, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-KAT13A / SRC1 [1135/H4] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab84)
This product has been referenced in:
- Montemayor C et al. Genome-wide analysis of binding sites and direct target genes of the orphan nuclear receptor NR2F1/COUP-TFI. PLoS One 5:e8910 (2010). ChIP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20111703) »
- Bentley J et al. Papillary and muscle invasive bladder tumors with distinct genomic stability profiles have different DNA repair fidelity and KU DNA-binding activities. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:310-21 (2009). Read more (PubMed: 19105236) »