Anti-KAT2B / PCAF antibody - ChIP Grade (ab12188)
- Product nameAnti-KAT2B / PCAF antibody - ChIP GradeSee all KAT2B / PCAF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT2B / PCAF - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ChIP, WB, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken
Synthetic peptide: EKFFFSKIKEAGLIDK (with N-terminal added cysteine) conjugated to KLH, corresponding to the C-terminal amino acids 817-832 of Human PCAF.
- Positive control
- Immunoblotting: Whole extracts of human epidermoid carcinoma A431, dog MDCK kidney cells or recombinant active human PCAF. Immunoprecipitation: RIPA lysate, human acute T cell leukemia Jurkat cells.
- General notesIf slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use. Working dilutions should be discarded if not used within 12 hours.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody is affinity-purified using the immunizing peptide immobilized on agarose.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12188 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 16829531Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa. 1/500 (determined using whole extracts of human epidermoid carcinoma A431, dog MDCK kidney cells or recombinant active human PCAF and a chemiluminescent detection reagent). Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa. In some extract preparations, additional band(s) may appear. Staining of PCAF band(s) by immunoblotting is inhibited by the PCAF immunizing peptide.|
|IP||IP: Use 5µg for 107 cells. 5-10µg of antibody immunoprecipitates PCAF from RIPA lysate with ~4 X 107 human acute T cell leukemia Jurkat cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20410122|
- FunctionFunctions as a histone acetyltransferase (HAT) to promote transcriptional activation. Has significant histone acetyltransferase activity with core histones (H3 and H4), and also with nucleosome core particles. Inhibits cell-cycle progression and counteracts the mitogenic activity of the adenoviral oncoprotein E1A. In case of HIV-1 infection, it is recruited by the viral protein Tat. Regulates Tat's transactivating activity and may help inducing chromatin remodeling of proviral genes.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed but most abundant in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GCN5 family.
Contains 1 bromo domain.
Contains 1 N-acetyltransferase domain.
- DomainThe bromodomain mediates binding to HIV-1 Tat.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- CAF antibody
- CREBBP associated factor antibody
- GCN5 antibody
- GCN5L antibody
- GCN5L1 antibody
- Histone acetylase PCAF antibody
- Histone acetyltransferase KAT2B antibody
- Histone acetyltransferase PCAF antibody
- K(lysine) acetyltransferase 2B antibody
- KAT2B antibody
- KAT2B_HUMAN antibody
- Lysine acetyltransferase 2B antibody
- P antibody
- P/CAF antibody
- p300/CBP associated factor antibody
- P300/CBP-associated factor antibody
- Pcaf antibody
Anti-KAT2B / PCAF antibody - ChIP Grade images
ab12188 at 2ug/ml staining human thymus tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and then a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was carried out. The antibody was incubated with the tissue for 30 minutes. An HRP conjugated goat antibody was used as the secondary.
Chromatin was prepared from mouse skin epidermis whole tissue lysate. Cells were fixed with 1% fromaldehyde for 10 minutes. TPA treated samples were incubated with rabbit IgG, HDAC7 antibody or ab12188 (diluted 1/800) for 12 hours at 4°C and the immunoprecipitated DNA was amplified using primers flanking the proximal promoter region and quantified by semiquantitative PCR. Rabbit IgG and another unrelated antibody immunoprecipitated sample did not produce significant amplification.
References for Anti-KAT2B / PCAF antibody - ChIP Grade (ab12188)
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu Y et al. Akt kinase targets the association of CBP with histone H3 to regulate the acetylation of lysine K18. FEBS Lett 587:847-53 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23434580) »
- Koch AJ & Holaska JM Loss of Emerin Alters Myogenic Signaling and miRNA Expression in Mouse Myogenic Progenitors. PLoS One 7:e37262 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22606356) »