Anti-KAT3B / p300 antibody [NM11] (ab3164)
- Product nameAnti-KAT3B / p300 antibody [NM11]See all KAT3B / p300 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NM11] to KAT3B / p300
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, WB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Pig, Mink (Mustela), Monkey
Predicted to work with: Mouse
E1A affinity purified p300 protein.
- EpitopeAmino acids 2071 - 2091.
- Positive control
- Ls174T cell lysate. Tonsil tissue section.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer10mM PBS, pH7.4, 0.2%BSA, 0.09% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberNM11
- Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3164 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. (native and denatured, with protein A)|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 300 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 289 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- FunctionFunctions as histone acetyltransferase and regulates transcription via chromatin remodeling. Acetylates all four core histones in nucleosomes. Histone acetylation gives an epigenetic tag for transcriptional activation. Mediates cAMP-gene regulation by binding specifically to phosphorylated CREB protein. Also functions as acetyltransferase for nonhistone targets. Acetylates 'Lys-131' of ALX1 and acts as its coactivator in the presence of CREBBP. Acetylates SIRT2 and is proposed to indirectly increase the transcriptional activity of TP53 through acetylation and subsequent attenuation of SIRT2 deacetylase function. Acetylates HDAC1 leading to its inactivation and modulation of transcription. Acts as a TFAP2A-mediated transcriptional coactivator in presence of CITED2. Plays a role as a coactivator of NEUROD1-dependent transcription of the secretin and p21 genes and controls terminal differentiation of cells in the intestinal epithelium. Promotes cardiac myocyte enlargement. Can also mediate transcriptional repression. Binds to and may be involved in the transforming capacity of the adenovirus E1A protein. In case of HIV-1 infection, it is recruited by the viral protein Tat. Regulates Tat's transactivating activity and may help inducing chromatin remodeling of proviral genes. Acetylates FOXO1 and enhances its transcriptional activity.
- Involvement in diseaseNote=Defects in EP300 may play a role in epithelial cancer.
Note=Chromosomal aberrations involving EP300 may be a cause of acute myeloid leukemias. Translocation t(8;22)(p11;q13) with KAT6A.
Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome 2 (RSTS2) [MIM:613684]: A disorder characterized by craniofacial abnormalities, postnatal growth deficiency, broad thumbs, broad big toes, mental retardation and a propensity for development of malignancies. Some individuals with RSTS2 have less severe mental impairment, more severe microcephaly, and a greater degree of changes in facial bone structure than RSTS1 patients. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 bromo domain.
Contains 1 KIX domain.
Contains 2 TAZ-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 ZZ-type zinc finger.
- DomainThe CRD1 domain (cell cycle regulatory domain 1) mediates transcriptional repression of a subset of p300 responsive genes; it can be de-repressed by CDKN1A/p21WAF1 at least at some promoters. It conatins sumoylation and acetylation sites and the same lysine residues may be targeted for the respective modifications. It is proposed that deacetylation by SIRT1 allows sumoylation leading to suppressed activity.
modificationsAcetylated on Lys at up to 17 positions by intermolecular autocatalysis. Deacetylated in the transcriptional repression domain (CRD1) by SIRT1, preferentially at Lys-1020.
Citrullinated at Arg-2142 by PADI4, which impairs methylation by CARM1 and promotes interaction with NCOA2/GRIP1.
Methylated at Arg-580 and Arg-604 in the KIX domain by CARM1, which blocks association with CREB, inhibits CREB signaling and activates apoptotic response. Also methylated at Arg-2142 by CARM1, which impairs interaction with NCOA2/GRIP1.
Sumoylated; sumoylation in the transcriptional repression domain (CRD1) mediates transcriptional repression. Desumoylated by SENP3 through the removal of SUMO2 and SUMO3.
Probable target of ubiquitination by FBXO3, leading to rapid proteasome-dependent degradation.
Phosphorylated by HIPK2 in a RUNX1-dependent manner. This phosphorylation that activates EP300 happens when RUNX1 is associated with DNA and CBFB. Phosphorylated by ROCK2 and this enhances its activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-89 by AMPK reduces interaction with nuclear receptors, such as PPARG.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. In the presence of ALX1 relocalizes from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. Co-localizes with ROCK2 in the nucleus.
- CREBBP/EP300 inhibitory protein 1 antibody
- Cyclic AMP responsive enhancer binding protein antibody
- E1A associated protein p300 antibody
- E1A binding protein p300 antibody
- E1A-associated protein p300 antibody
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
- EP300 antibody
- EP300: E1A binding protein p300 antibody
- EP300_HUMAN antibody
- Histone acetyltransferase p300 antibody
- p300 HAT antibody
- RB and P300 binding protein EID 1 antibody
- Retinoblastoma protein associated protein antibody
- RSTS2 antibody
Anti-KAT3B / p300 antibody [NM11] images
ICC/IF image of ab3164 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3164, 1æg/ml) overnight at +4øC. The secondary antibody (green)ÿwas Alexa Fluor© 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor© 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43æM.
ab3164 (4µg/ml) staining KAT3B in human bladder using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of muscle nuclei.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer citrate pH 6.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab3164 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab3164, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2b [PLPV219] (ab91366, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
References for Anti-KAT3B / p300 antibody [NM11] (ab3164)
This product has been referenced in:
- Saeed M et al. In Vitro Phosphorylation and Acetylation of the Murine Pocket Protein Rb2/p130. PLoS One 7:e46174 (2012). IP . Read more (PubMed: 23029429) »
- Gaub P et al. HDAC inhibition promotes neuronal outgrowth and counteracts growth cone collapse through CBP/p300 and P/CAF-dependent p53 acetylation. Cell Death Differ 17:1392-408 (2010). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 20094059) »