Anti-KAT5 / Tip60 antibody (ab4466)
- Product nameAnti-KAT5 / Tip60 antibodySee all KAT5 / Tip60 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT5 / Tip60
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Recombinant full length protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae KAT5 / Tip60.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4466 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52.6 kDa).|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18245364|
- FunctionCatalytic subunit of the NuA4 histone acetyltransferase complex which is involved in transcriptional activation of select genes principally by acetylation of nucleosomal histones H4 and H2A. This modification may both alter nucleosome-DNA interactions and promote interaction of the modified histones with other proteins which positively regulate transcription. This complex may be required for the activation of transcriptional programs associated with oncogene and proto-oncogene mediated growth induction, tumor suppressor mediated growth arrest and replicative senescence, apoptosis, and DNA repair. NuA4 may also play a direct role in DNA repair when recruited to sites of DNA damage. Directly acetylates and activates ATM. In case of HIV-1 infection, interaction with the viral Tat protein leads to KAT5 polyubiquitination and targets it to degradation.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MYST (SAS/MOZ) family.
Contains 1 C2HC-type zinc finger.
modificationsSumoylated by UBE2I at Lys-430 and Lys-451, leading to increase of its histone acetyltransferase activity in UV-induced DNA damage response, as well as its translocation to nuclear bodies.
Phosphorylated on Ser-86 and Ser-90; enhanced during G2/M phase. Phosphorylated form has a higher activity.
Ubiquitinated by MDM2, leading to its proteasome-dependent degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Upon stimulation with EDN1, it is exported from the nucleus to the perinuclear region and UV irradiation induces translocation into punctuate subnuclear structures named nuclear bodies.
- Entrez Gene: 854418 Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- 60 kDa Tat interactive protein antibody
- 60 kDa Tat-interactive protein antibody
- cPLA(2) interacting protein antibody
- cPLA(2)-interacting protein antibody
- cPLA2 antibody
- cPLA2 interacting protein antibody
- ESA1 antibody
- Histone acetyltransferase HTATIP antibody
- Histone acetyltransferase KAT5 antibody
- HIV 1 Tat interactive protein antibody
- HIV 1 Tat interactive protein, 60kDa antibody
- HIV-1 Tat interactive protein antibody
- HTATIP antibody
- HTATIP1 antibody
- K(lysine) acetyltransferase 5 antibody
- K-acetyltransferase 5 antibody
- KAT5 antibody
- KAT5_HUMAN antibody
- Lysine acetyltransferase 5 antibody
- PLIP antibody
- Tat interacting protein, 60kDa antibody
- TIP antibody
- Tip60 antibody
Anti-KAT5 / Tip60 antibody images
Predicted band size : 52.6 kDa
ab4466 works well on NuA4 purified fractions from yeast whole cell extracts. The NuA4 HAT complex was purified by tandem affinity (IgG and calmodulin) using a Epl1-TAP strain (another NuA4 subunit). 250ml yeast culture was used for the purification and 5ul of calmodulin elution (1/10 of the prep) was used in western with 1:1000 dilution of ab4466.
References for Anti-KAT5 / Tip60 antibody (ab4466)
This product has been referenced in:
- Ginsburg DS et al. NuA4 lysine acetyltransferase Esa1 is targeted to coding regions and stimulates transcription elongation with Gcn5. Mol Cell Biol 29:6473-87 (2009). WB ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . Read more (PubMed: 19822662) »
- Decker PV et al. Catalytic-Site Mutations in the MYST Family Histone Acetyltransferase Esa1. Genetics 178:1209-20 (2008). IP . Read more (PubMed: 18245364) »