Anti-KDEL Receptor antibody [KR-10] (ab69659)
- Product nameAnti-KDEL Receptor antibody [KR-10]See all KDEL Receptor primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [KR-10] to KDEL Receptor
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, IHC-FoFr, WB, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Chicken, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Monkey
Synthetic peptide derived from the sequence of bovine KDEL Receptor, conjugated to KLH
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate (heat shocked), 3T3 cell lysate (heat-shocked and unshocked), PC-12 cell lysate (heat shocked and unshocked) and CHO-K1 cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberKR-10
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69659 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20520821|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 1µg for 106 cells.|
- RelevanceRetention of resident soluble proteins in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) is achieved in both yeast and animal cells by their continual retrieval from the cis-Golgi, or a pre-Golgi compartment. Sorting of these proteins is dependent on a C-terminal tetrapeptide signal, usually lys-asp-glu-leu (KDEL) in animal cells, and his-asp-glu-leu (HDEL) in S. cerevisiae. This process is mediated by a receptor that recognizes, and binds the tetrapeptide-containing protein, and returns it to the ER. In yeast, the sorting receptor encoded by a single gene, ERD2, which is a seven-transmembrane protein. Unlike yeast, several human homologs of the ERD2 gene, constituting the KDEL receptor gene family, have been described. The protein encoded by this gene was the first member of the family to be identified, and it encodes a protein structurally and functionally similar to the yeast ERD2 gene product.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum
- Entrez Gene: 618184 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 484406 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 10945 Human
- Entrez Gene: 68137 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 361577 Rat
- Omim: 131235 Human
- SwissProt: P33946 Cow
- SwissProt: P24390 Human
- SwissProt: Q99JH8 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q569A6 Rat
- Unigene: 515515 Human
- Unigene: 298433 Mouse
- Unigene: 1819 Rat
- ER lumen protein retaining receptor 1 antibody
- ERD 2 antibody
- ERD2 antibody
- ERD2.1 antibody
- ERD21 antibody
- HDEL antibody
- KDEL (Lys Asp Glu Leu) endoplasmic reticulum protein retention receptor 1 antibody
- KDEL (Lys-Asp-Glu-Leu) 72 kD endoplasmic reticulum protein retention receptor 1 antibody
- KDEL endoplasmic reticulum protein retention receptor 1 antibody
- KDEL R1 antibody
- KDEL receptor 1 antibody
- KDELR 1 antibody
- KDELR1 antibody
- PM 23 antibody
- PM23 antibody
- Putative MAPK activating protein PM23 antibody
Anti-KDEL Receptor antibody [KR-10] images
All lanes : Anti-KDEL Receptor antibody [KR-10] (ab69659) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate (heat shocked)
Lane 2 : 3T3 cell lysate
Lane 3 : PC-12 cell lysate
Lane 4 : CHO-K1 cell lysate
Lane 5 : 3T3 cell lysate (heat shocked)
Lane 6 : PC-12 cell lysate (heat shocked)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 25 kDa
Observed band size : 25 kDa
ab69659 staining KDEL Receptor in Fruitfly epidermal cell tissue by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections).
ab69659 staining the KDEL receptor in cultured human HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with Triton X (0.5%) and blocked with 3% BSA for 1 hour at 24°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 1 hour at 24°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Chicken anti-mouse polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab69659 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab69659, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
References for Anti-KDEL Receptor antibody [KR-10] (ab69659)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kim S et al. The novel endosomal membrane protein Ema interacts with the class C Vps-HOPS complex to promote endosomal maturation. J Cell Biol 188:717-34 (2010). Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) . Read more (PubMed: 20194640) »
- Norum M et al. Trafficking through COPII stabilises cell polarity and drives secretion during Drosophila epidermal differentiation. PLoS One 5:e10802 (2010). IHC-FoFr ; Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) . Read more (PubMed: 20520821) »