KIM-1 TIM-1 Rat ELISA Kit (ab119597)
- Product nameKIM-1 TIM-1 Rat ELISA KitSee all KIM1 kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenate
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity< 2 pg/ml
- Range31.2 pg/ml - 2000 pg/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
- Product overview
Abcam’s rat KIM-1 (TIM-1) in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of rat KIM-1 (TIM-1) in cell culture supernatants, tissue homogenates, serum, plasma (heparin, EDTA) and urine.
A KIM-1 (TIM-1) specific mouse monoclonal antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells and incubated. A biotinylated detection polyclonal antibody from goat specific for KIM-1 (TIM-1) is then added followed by washing with PBS or TBS buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with PBS or TBS buffer. TMB is then used to visualize the HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the rat KIM-1 (TIM-1) amount of sample captured in plate.
Store at 4°C for frequent use, at -20°C for infrequent use. Avoid multiple freeze-thaw cycles.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ABC Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Antibody Diluent Buffer 1 x 12ml Anti-rat KIM-1 antibody Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC) 1 x 130µl Biotinylated anti-rat KIM-1 antibody 1 x 130µl Lyophilized recombinant rat KIM-1 standard 2 x 10ng Sample Diluent Buffer 1 x 30ml TMB Color Developing Agent 1 x 10ml TMB Stop Solution 1 x 10ml
- FunctionMay play a role in T-helper cell development and the regulation of asthma and allergic diseases. Receptor for TIMD4 (By similarity). In case of human hepatitis A virus (HHAV) infection, functions as a cell-surface receptor for the virus. May play a role in kidney injury and repair.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest levels in kidney and testis. Expressed by activated CD4+ T-cells during the development of helper T-cells responses.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. TIM family.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- Hepatitis A virus cellular receptor 1
- Kidney injury molecule 1
- T cell immunoglobin domain and mucin domain protein 1
- T-cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain-containing protein 1
- T-cell membrane protein 1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab119597 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for KIM-1 TIM-1 Rat ELISA Kit (ab119597)
ab119597 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.