Anti-KMT1A / SUV39H1 [44.1] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab12405)
- Product nameAnti-KMT1A / SUV39H1 [44.1] antibody - ChIP GradeSee all KMT1A / SUV39H1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [44.1] to KMT1A / SUV39H1 - ChIP Grade
- Tested applicationsChIP, ELISA, IP, WB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fusion protein, MBP-SUV39H1.
- EpitopeAb 12405 recognizes an epitope in the N-terminal (195 amino acids) of human and mouse SUV39H1 Histone Methyltransferase.
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate
- General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is also not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number44.1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12405 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa. The target may be expressed at low levels and we would recommend a highly enriched nuclear extract as a sample for WB. Additionally, a signal amplification step using a biotin conjugate as a secondary antibody is preferrable over the enzyme conjugated secondary antibody method.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. A signal amplification step using a biotin conjugate as a secondary antibody is preferrable over the enzyme conjugated secondary antibody method.|
- FunctionHistone methyltransferase that specifically trimethylates 'Lys-9' of histone H3 using monomethylated H3 'Lys-9' as substrate. Also weakly methylates histone H1 (in vitro). H3 'Lys-9' trimethylation represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression by recruiting HP1 (CBX1, CBX3 and/or CBX5) proteins to methylated histones. Mainly functions in heterochromatin regions, thereby playing a central role in the establishment of constitutive heterochromatin at pericentric and telomere regions. H3 'Lys-9' trimethylation is also required to direct DNA methylation at pericentric repeats. SUV39H1 is targeted to histone H3 via its interaction with RB1 and is involved in many processes, such as repression of MYOD1-stimulated differentiation, regulation of the control switch for exiting the cell cycle and entering differentiation, repression by the PML-RARA fusion protein, BMP-induced repression, repression of switch recombination to IgA and regulation of telomere length. Component of the eNoSC (energy-dependent nucleolar silencing) complex, a complex that mediates silencing of rDNA in response to intracellular energy status and acts by recruiting histone-modifying enzymes. The eNoSC complex is able to sense the energy status of cell: upon glucose starvation, elevation of NAD(+)/NADP(+) ratio activates SIRT1, leading to histone H3 deacetylation followed by dimethylation of H3 at 'Lys-9' (H3K9me2) by SUV39H1 and the formation of silent chromatin in the rDNA locus.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family. Suvar3-9 subfamily.
Contains 1 chromo domain.
Contains 1 post-SET domain.
Contains 1 pre-SET domain.
Contains 1 SET domain.
- Developmental stageAccumulates during mitosis at centromeres during prometaphase, but dissociates from the centromere at the meta- to anaphase transition.
- DomainAlthough the SET domain contains the active site of enzymatic activity, both pre-SET and post-SET domains are required for methyltransferase activity. The SET domain also participates to stable binding to heterochromatin.
modificationsPhosphorylated on serine residues, and to a lesser degree, on threonine residues. The phosphorylated form is stabilized by SBF1 and is less active in its transcriptional repressor function.
Acetylated at Lys-266, leading to inhibition of enzyme activity. SIRT1-mediated deacetylation relieves this inhibition.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome > centromere. Associates with centromeric constitutive heterochromatin.
- H3 K9 HMTase antibody
- H3 K9 HMTase1 antibody
- H3-K9-HMTase 1 antibody
- Histone H3 K9 methylation antibody
- Histone H3 Lys 9 methylation antibody
- Histone H3-K9 methyltransferase 1 antibody
- Histone H3-K9 methyltransferase1 antibody
- Histone lysine N methyltransferase H3 lysine 9 specific 1 antibody
- Histone lysine N methyltransferase, H3 lysine 9 specific 1 antibody
- Histone-lysine N-methyltransferase SUV39H1 antibody
- KMT1 A antibody
- KMT1A antibody
- Lysine N methyltransferase 1A antibody
- Lysine N-methyltransferase 1A antibody
- MG44 antibody
- mIS6 antibody
- Position-effect variegation 3-9 homolog antibody
- Su(var)3 9 homolog 1 antibody
- Su(var)3-9 homolog 1 antibody
- Suppressor of variegation 3 9 homolog 1 (Drosophila) antibody
- Suppressor of variegation 3-9 homolog 1 antibody
- SUV39 H1 antibody
- SUV39H antibody
- SUV39H1 antibody
- SUV91_HUMAN antibody
Anti-KMT1A / SUV39H1 [44.1] antibody - ChIP Grade images
Chromatin was prepared from U2OS cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10 min. The ChIP was performed with 25 µg of chromatin, 8 µg of ab12405 (blue), and 20 µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach for active and inactive loci, Sybr green approach for heterochromatic loci). Primers and probes are located in the first kb of the transcribed region.
References for Anti-KMT1A / SUV39H1 [44.1] antibody - ChIP Grade (ab12405)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kera Y et al. Methionine adenosyltransferase II-dependent histone H3K9 methylation at the COX-2 gene locus. J Biol Chem 288:13592-601 (2013). WB, ChIP ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23539621) »
- Shamma A et al. ATM mediates pRB function to control DNMT1 protein stability and DNA methylation. Mol Cell Biol 33:3113-24 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23754744) »