Lactoferrin (HLF2) Human ELISA Kit (ab108882)
- Product nameLactoferrin (HLF2) Human ELISA KitSee all Lactoferrin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9%
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 0.6 ng/ml
- Range0.625 ng/ml - 40 ng/ml
= 100 %
- Assay time4h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam’s Lactoferrin (HLF2) Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Lactoferrin levels in Human cell culture supernatants, serum, urine, saliva, milk, cerebrospinal fluid and plasma.
A Lactoferrin specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Lactoferrin specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize Streptavidin-Peroxidase enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by Streptavidin-Peroxidase to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Lactoferrin captured in plate.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Biotinylated Human Lactoferrin Antibody 1 x 80µl 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Lactoferrin Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Lactoferrin Standard 1 vial Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionTransferrins are iron binding transport proteins which can bind two Fe(3+) ions in association with the binding of an anion, usually bicarbonate.
Lactotransferrin has antimicrobial activity which depends on the extracellular cation concentration.
Lactoferroxins A, B and C have opioid antagonist activity. Lactoferroxin A shows preference for mu-receptors, while lactoferroxin B and C have somewhat higher degrees of preference for kappa-receptors than for mu-receptors.
The lactotransferrin transferrin-like domain 1 functions as a serine protease of the peptidase S60 family that cuts arginine rich regions. This function contributes to the antimicrobial activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the transferrin family.
Contains 2 transferrin-like domains.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Growth inhibiting protein 12
- Neutrophil lactoferrin
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108882 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Lactoferrin (HLF2) Human ELISA Kit (ab108882)
ab108882 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.