Anti-Laminin antibody (ab11575)
- Product nameAnti-Laminin antibodySee all Laminin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Laminin
- SpecificityIn dot blot immunoassay this antibody does not react with Fibronectin, Vitronectin, Collagen IV, or Chondroitin sulfate types A, B, and C.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, WB, IP, Dot Blot, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis
Predicted to work with: Reptiles, all Mammals, Amphibians
Protein purified from the basement membrane of Englebreth Holm-Swarm (EHS) sarcoma (Mouse).
- General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify by centrifugation before use.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11575 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17418408|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Dot Blot||Dot: 1/1000. This concentration was determined using laminin at 50 ng per dot.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20064216|
- FunctionBinding to cells via a high affinity receptor, laminin is thought to mediate the attachment, migration and organization of cells into tissues during embryonic development by interacting with other extracellular matrix components.
- Tissue specificityBroadly expressed in: skin, heart, lung, and the reproductive tracts.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 11 laminin EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 laminin IV type A domain.
Contains 1 laminin N-terminal domain.
- DomainThe alpha-helical domains I and II are thought to interact with other laminin chains to form a coiled coil structure.
Domain IV is globular.
- Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Entrez Gene: 10319 Human
- Entrez Gene: 284217 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3908 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3912 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3913 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3915 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3918 Human
- Entrez Gene: 16772 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 316758 Rat
- Omim: 150320 Human
- SwissProt: P07942 Human
- SwissProt: P24043 Human
- SwissProt: P25391 Human
- SwissProt: P55268 Human
- SwissProt: Q9Y6N6 Human
- SwissProt: P19137 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9R0B6 Mouse
- Unigene: 201805 Human
- Unigene: 270364 Human
- Unigene: 302362 Mouse
- LAMA 1 antibody
- LAMA antibody
- LAMA1 antibody
- LAMB1 antibody
- Lamc3 antibody
- LAMC3_HUMAN antibody
- Laminin A chain antibody
- Laminin alpha 1 antibody
- Laminin alpha 1 chain antibody
- Laminin B1 chain antibody
- Laminin subunit beta 1 antibody
- Laminin subunit gamma-3 antibody
- Laminin-12 subunit gamma antibody
- Laminin-14 subunit gamma antibody
- Laminin-15 subunit gamma antibody
Anti-Laminin antibody images
This image shows formalin fixed paraffin embedded human skin stained for Laminin (proteinase K digestion, anti-laminin 1:200 – 30 minutes RT). The picture was kindly supplied as part of the review submitted by Elizabeth Chlipala.
ab11575 at a 1/200 dilution staining mouse placenta tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). The tissue was paraformaldehyde fixed and blocked with serum prior to incubation with the antibody for 12 hours. Bound antibody was detected using an Alexa Fluor ® 594 conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG.
ab11575 staining Laminin in mouse oocytes by Immunohistochemistry (PFA fixed, paraffin embedded sections).
Grafts were fixed overnight in 4% paraformaldehyde, embedded in paraffin, and sectioned in 5 to 8 µm intervals. In brief, sections on slides were de-paraffinized, re-hydrated, antigens unmasked by incubating in target retrieval solution at 95°C for 30 minutes, permeabilized in 0.1% Triton-X100 for 5 minutes, blocked with 10% chicken serum in TBST overnight, and incubated with primary antibody at 1/200, in TBST with 1% serum for 1 hour at room temperature. After washing in TBST, slides were incubated with secondary antibody at 1/1000, for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cover slips were mounted with Prolong Gold Antifade with DAPI.
Immunofluorescence revealed TRA98+ oocytes and FOXL2+ granulosa cells in ovarian cord-like structures (dashed lines) and Laminin+ basement membrane (red) following five days of intact e12.5 female genital ridge transplantation. Along with disrupted ovarian cord formation, re-aggregation also resulted in a uniform distribution of PECAM+ and Laminin+ cells amongst dispersed oocytes and granulosa cells that correlated with subsequent oocyte loss. 100× magnification.
ab11575 staining Laminin in Mouse skin neoplasia - papilloma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at room temperature; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 8 hours at 4°C. A biotin-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab11575 staining Laminin in Mouse skin tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with acetone, permeabilized with PBST (Triton X 100 0.025%) and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/250) for 1 hour. An undiluted Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody. The image shows 2 differeent skin sections with Laminin (green) staining in the basal layer of the epidermis. DAPI staining in blue.
ab11575 staining Laminin in decellularized lung extracellular matrix by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.
Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde and blocked with 2% serum for 2 hours at 25°C. Samples were then incubated with ab11575 at a 1/100 dilution for 20 minutes at 4°C. The secondary used was an FITC conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG used at a 1/100 dilution.
References for Anti-Laminin antibody (ab11575)
This product has been referenced in:
- Buniello A et al. Headbobber: a combined morphogenetic and cochleosaccular mouse model to study 10qter deletions in human deafness. PLoS One 8:e56274 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23457544) »
- Wang L et al. Impact of laminitis on the canonical Wnt signaling pathway in basal epithelial cells of the equine digital laminae. PLoS One 8:e56025 (2013). ICC/IF ; Horse . Read more (PubMed: 23405249) »