Anti-Lefty antibody (ab71269)
- Product nameAnti-Lefty antibodySee all Lefty primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Lefty
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide selected from the center region of human Lefty conjugated to KLH.
- Positive control
- Mouse liver tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Purification notesab71269 is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71269 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/50 - 1/100. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
- RelevanceDuring vertebrate embryogenesis, a left right axis is established. Secreted growth factors of the TGF beta family, including gene products derived from nodal, lefty 1 and lefty 2, play crucial roles in establishing left right asymmetries. TGF beta (Transforming growth factor beta) is a pleiotropic cytokine that regulates growth and differentiation of diverse types of cells. TGF beta actions are directed by ligand induced activation of TGF beta receptors. Complexes formed move into the nucleus, where they act as components of a transcriptional complex. Lefty, a novel member of the TGF beta superfamily, inhibits TGF beta signaling. Lefty acts to inhibit phosphorylation of Smad2 following activation of the TGF beta receptor. Lefty also inhibits events downstream from R Smad phosphorylation. Lefty provides a repressed state of TGF beta responsive genes. The Lefty family is comprised of Lefty 1 and Lefty 2 in mouse, and Lefty A and Lefty B in humans. Members of the TGF beta superfamily require processing for their activation. Cleavage is therefore an essential step for Lefty activation. Lefty is synthesized as a large inactive precursor (41 Kda) that must be endoproteolytically processed to release the bioactive polypeptide (28 kDa and 34 kDa forms). The 28kDa form induces MAPK activity.
- Cellular localizationSecreted
- AI450052 antibody
- Ebaf antibody
- Left right determination factor 1 antibody
- Left right determination factor antibody
- Left right determination factor B antibody
- left-right determination factor antibody
- LEFT-RIGHT DETERMINATION FACTOR 1; LEFTY1 antibody
- left-right determination, factor B antibody
- LEFT-RIGHT DETERMINATION, FACTOR B; LEFTY B antibody
- LEFTB antibody
- LEFTY 1 antibody
- Lefty antibody
- lefty-1 antibody
- LEFTY1 antibody
- LEFTY1, MOUSE, HOMOLOG OF antibody
- LEFTYB antibody
- OTTHUMP00000035572 antibody
- Protein lefty-1 antibody
- Protein lefty-B antibody
- RGD1561867 antibody
- Stimulated by retinoic acid gene 3 protein antibody
- STRA3 antibody
- TGF beta 4 antibody
- TGF-beta-4 antibody
- Tgfb4 antibody
- Transforming growth factor beta 4 antibody
- Transforming growth factor beta-4 antibody
Anti-Lefty antibody images
Anti-Lefty antibody (ab71269) at 1/60 dilution + Mouse liver tissue lysate at 35 µg
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Observed band size : 41 kDa
Additional bands at : 28 kDa,60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
References for Anti-Lefty antibody (ab71269)
ab71269 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.