For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-LIMPII antibody
See all LIMPII primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to LIMPII
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
WB, IHC-Pmore details
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
A 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of Human LIMP2 (AAH21892).
- Positive control
- Human skeletal muscle tissue and lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa.
||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
- FunctionActs as a lysosomal receptor for glucosylceramidase (GBA) targeting.
(Microbial infection) Acts as a receptor for enterovirus 71.
- Involvement in diseaseEpilepsy, progressive myoclonic 4, with or without renal failure
Genetic variants in SCARB2 can act as modifier of the phenotypic expression and severity of Gaucher disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CD36 family.
- Cellular localizationLysosome membrane.
Information by UniProt
- 85 kDa lysosomal membrane sialoglycoprotein antibody
- 85 kDa lysosomal sialoglycoprotein scavenger receptor class B member 2 antibody
- AMRF antibody
Anti-LIMPII antibody images
Western blot - Anti-LIMPII antibody (ab106519)
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Western blot analysis of LIMP2 in mouse liver tissue lysate with LIMP2 antibody at 1 µg/mL in (A) the absence and (B) presence of blocking peptide.
Western blot - LIMPII antibody (ab106519)
All lanes : Anti-LIMPII antibody (ab106519) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate with blocking peptide
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 54 kDa
Despite its predicted molecular weight, LIMPII runs at approximately 80 – 85 kDa in SDS-PAGE.
References for Anti-LIMPII antibody (ab106519)
This product has been referenced in:
- McNeill A et al. Ambroxol improves lysosomal biochemistry in glucocerebrosidase mutation-linked Parkinson disease cells. Brain 137:1481-95 (2014).
Read more (PubMed: 24574503) »
- Su PY et al. Cell surface sialylation affects binding of enterovirus 71 to rhabdomyosarcoma and neuroblastoma cells. BMC Microbiol 12:162 (2012).
Read more (PubMed: 22853823) »
See all 2 Publications
for this product
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"