Lipase Detection Kit II (Colorimetric) (ab102525)
- Product nameLipase Detection Kit II (Colorimetric)See all Lipase kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Assay time1h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's Lipase Detection Kit II (Colorimetric) provides a simple, sensitive, and reliable assay for rapid analysis of Lipase in samples. In the assay, Lipases hydrolyze a specific substrate to generate a product which reacts with the DTNB probe to generate color (λ=412 nm)..
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
This kit is suitable for high throughput analyses (HTP).
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests 1 kit DTNB Probe Red 1 vial 1 vial Lipase AssayBuffer WM 1 x 25ml 1 x 25ml Lipase Positive Control Purple 1 vial 1 vial Lipase Substrate Blue 1 x 500µl 1 x 500µl TNB Standard (5 mM) Amber 1 vial 1 vial
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
- RelevanceLipases perform essential roles in the digestion, transport and processing of dietary lipids (e.g. fats and oils) in living organisms. In humans, pancreatic lipase is the key enzyme responsible for breaking down fats in the digestive system by converting triglyceride to monoglyceride and free fatty acid. Pancreatic lipase monitoring is also used to help diagnose Crohn's disease, cystic fibrosis and celiac disease. Damage to the pancreas can exhibit a 5-10 fold increase of serum lipase levels within 24 to 48 hours.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab102525 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Lipase Detection Kit II (Colorimetric) images
TNB Standard Curve
Lipase Detection in a Sample and Positive Control
References for Lipase Detection Kit II (Colorimetric) (ab102525)
ab102525 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.