Anti-mCherry antibody [1C51] (ab125096)
- Product nameAnti-mCherry antibody [1C51]See all mCherry primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1C51] to mCherry
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
Recombinant full length His tagged mCherry purified from E. coli.
- Positive control
- HEK293 crude extract transfected with pFin-EF1-mCherry; Hek293 cells transfected with mCherry.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.067% Sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1C51
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125096 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 28 kDa.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- RelevancemCherry is derived from proteins originally isolated from Cnidarians (jelly fish, sea anemones and corals), and is used as a fluorescent tracer in trasfection and transgenic experiments. The prototype for these fluorescent proteins is Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP), which is a ~27kDa protein isolated originally from the jellyfish Aequoria victoria. The mCherry protein is derived from DsRed, a red fluorescent protein related to GFP isolated from so-called disc corals of the genus Discosoma.
Anti-mCherry antibody [1C51] images
ab125096 staining mCherry in Human pancreatic islet tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-Fr - frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde, permeabilized with 0Triton X-100 and blocked with BSA + Milk for 1 hour at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/250) for 2 hours at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Donkey anti-mouse IgG polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab125096, at 1/500 dilution staining mCherry in HEK293 cells transfected with mCherry (visualized in red). Transfected cells are yellow, showing overlap of the mCherry and ab125096. Nontransfected HEK293 cells do not express Cherry and do not stain with the antibody, but their nuclei can be visualized using a DNA stain (blue).
References for Anti-mCherry antibody [1C51] (ab125096)
This product has been referenced in:
- Mancio-Silva L et al. Sir2a regulates rDNA transcription and multiplication rate in the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Nat Commun 4:1530 (2013). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 23443558) »
- Baumgartner R et al. The RNA-binding proteins FMR1, rasputin and caprin act together with the UBA protein lingerer to restrict tissue growth in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS Genet 9:e1003598 (2013). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 23874212) »