Anti-mTOR antibody (ab2732)
- Product nameAnti-mTOR antibodySee all mTOR primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to mTOR
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC, IHC-Fr, IP, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Equus
Synthetic peptide (Human) - which represents a portion of human Mammalian Target of Rapamycin encoded in part by exons 5 and 6. (Peptide available as ab39393.)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- Purification notesAffinity purified using the immunising peptideimmobilized on solid support.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- DNA / RNA
- DNA Damage & Repair
- DNA Damage Response
- DNA Damage Recognition
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2732 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000. Can be blocked with mTOR peptide (ab39393).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionKinase subunit of both mTORC1 and mTORC2, which regulates cell growth and survival in response to nutrient and hormonal signals. mTORC1 is activated in response to growth factors or amino-acids. Growth factor-stimulated mTORC1 activation involves AKT1-mediated phosphorylation of TSC1-TSC2, which leads to the activation of the RHEB GTPase that potently activates the protein kinase activity of mTORC1. Amino-acid-signaling to mTORC1 requires its relocalization to the lysosomes mediated by the Ragulator complex and the Rag GTPases. Activated mTORC1 up-regulates protein synthesis by phosphorylating key regulators of mRNA translation and ribosome synthesis. mTORC1 phosphorylates EIF4EBP1 and releases it from inhibiting the elongation initiation factor 4E (eiF4E). mTORC1 phosphorylates and activates S6K1 at 'Thr-421', which then promotes protein synthesis by phosphorylating PDCD4 and targeting it for degradation. Phosphorylates MAF1 leading to attenuation of its RNA polymerase III-repressive function. mTORC2 is also activated by growth. factors, but seems to be nutrient-insensitive. mTORC2 seems to function upstream of Rho GTPases to regulate the actin cytoskeleton, probably by activating one or more Rho-type guanine nucleotide exchange factors. mTORC2 promotes the serum-induced formation of stress-fibers or F-actin. mTORC2 plays a critical role in AKT1 'Ser-473' phosphorylation, which may facilitate the phosphorylation of the activation loop of AKT1 on 'Thr-308' by PDK1 which is a prerequisite for full activation. mTORC2 regulates the phosphorylation of SGK1 at 'Ser-422'. mTORC2 also modulates the phosphorylation of PRKCA on 'Ser-657'.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in numerous tissues, with highest levels in testis.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 7 HEAT repeats.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated; when part of mTORC1 or mTORC2.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Mitochondrion outer membrane. Lysosome. Cytoplasm. Nucleus > PML body. Shuttles between cytoplasm and nucleus. Accumulates in the nucleus in response to hypoxia (By similarity). Targeting to lysosomes depends on amino acid availability and RRAGA and RRAGB.
- dJ576K7.1 (FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 1) antibodyFK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 1 antibodyFK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin associated protein 2 antibody
- FK506 binding protein 12 rapamycin complex associated protein 1 antibodyFK506 binding protein12-rapamycin associated protein 1 antibodyFK506 binding protein12-rapamycin associated protein 2 antibodyFK506-binding protein 12-rapamycin complex-associated protein 1 antibodyFKBP rapamycin associated protein antibodyFKBP12 rapamycin complex associated protein antibodyFKBP12-rapamycin complex-associated protein antibodyFLJ44809 antibodyFRAP antibodyFRAP1 antibodyFRAP2 antibodyMammalian target of rapamycin antibodyMechanistic target of rapamycin antibodymTOR antibodyMTOR_HUMAN antibodyOTTHUMP00000001983 antibodyRAFT1 antibodyRapamycin and FKBP12 target 1 antibodyRapamycin associated protein FRAP2 antibodyRapamycin target protein 1 antibodyRapamycin target protein antibodyRAPT1 antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase mTOR antibody
Anti-mTOR antibody images
ab2732 at a 1:100 dilution confocally staining mTOR (red) in L6 myotubes, alongside a nuclear antigen antibody (green).
mTOR protein kinase assay:
ab2732 (1:1000 dilution) immunoprecipitates were incubated at 30°C with recombinant 4E-BP1 and 32P-gATP. Autoradiograph shows 32P incorporated into 4E-BP1.
ICC/IF image of ab2732 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab2732, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab2732 staining rat testis sections by IHC-P. The tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrival step was performed with citric acid pH 6. Blocking of the sample was done with 1%BSA for 10 minutes at 21°C, followed by staining with ab2732 at 1/2000 in TBS/BSA/azide for 2h at 21°C. A biotinylated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody at 1/200 was used as the secondary antibody.
Positive components in the submitted image are indicated by coloured arrowheads: red for densely positive nuclei that appear to be confined to the stem cell layer (immediately above, some spermatogonia exhibit a nuclear speckling). Yellow indicates a moderate cytoplasmic positivity, more evident in some seminiferous tubules (ST). Green for a strong apparently cytoplasmic positivity at the lumenal surface of a proportion of ST.
References for Anti-mTOR antibody (ab2732)
This product has been referenced in:
- Joubert PE et al. Chikungunya virus-induced autophagy delays caspase-dependent cell death. J Exp Med 209:1029-47 (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22508836) »
- Zhou W et al. Leptin pro-angiogenic signature in breast cancer is linked to IL-1 signalling. Br J Cancer 104:128-37 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21139583) »