Anti-MAGOH antibody (ab38768)
- Product nameAnti-MAGOH antibodySee all MAGOH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MAGOH
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human MAGOH.
(Peptide available as ab28608.)
- Positive controlHeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate, Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate, A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38768 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: 1/200 (please refer to abreview for further details).
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa). This antibody also detects a band of approximately 37 kDa which we believe to be unreduced complex containing MAGOH.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionComponent of a splicing-dependent multiprotein exon junction complex (EJC) deposited at splice junction on mRNAs. The EJC is a dynamic structure consisting of a few core proteins and several more peripheral nuclear and cytoplasmic associated factors that join the complex only transiently either during EJC assembly or during subsequent mRNA metabolism. Core components of the EJC, that remains bound to spliced mRNAs throughout all stages of mRNA metabolism, functions to mark the position of the exon-exon junction in the mature mRNA and thereby influences downstream processes of gene expression including mRNA splicing, nuclear mRNA export, subcellular mRNA localization, translation efficiency and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). Remains associated with the mRNA after its export to the cytoplasm and require translation of the mRNA for removal. The heterodimer MAGOH-RBM8A interacts with PYM that function to enhance the translation of EJC-bearing spliced mRNAs by recruiting them to the ribosomal 48S preinitiation complex.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the mago nashi family.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus speckle. Cytoplasm. Detected in granule-like structures in the dendroplasm (By similarity). Travels to the cytoplasm as part of the exon junction complex (EJC) bound to mRNA. Colocalizes with the core EJC, THOC4, NXF1 and UAP56 in the nucleus and nuclear speckles.
- Entrez Gene: 374226 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 505417 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 4116 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17149 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 298385 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 379411 Xenopus laevis
- Entrez Gene: 100005893 Zebrafish
- Omim: 602603 Human
- SwissProt: P50594 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q3ZBV3 Cow
- SwissProt: P61326 Human
- SwissProt: P61327 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q27W02 Rat
- SwissProt: O42149 Xenopus laevis
- SwissProt: Q566Y8 Zebrafish
- Unigene: 1861 Chicken
- Unigene: 53423 Cow
- Unigene: 421576 Human
- Unigene: 808 Mouse
- Unigene: 8332 Rat
- Unigene: 2436 Xenopus laevis
- Unigene: 43183 Zebrafish
- Mago nashi homolog proliferation associated (Drosophila) antibodyMago nashi protein homolog antibodymagoh antibody
- MAGOHA antibodyMGN_HUMAN antibodyProtein mago nashi homolog antibody
Anti-MAGOH antibody images
ab38768 staining MAGOH in HeLa cells (green). Cells were fixed in Paraformaldehyde and counterstained with DAPI (red). Please refer to abreview for further details.
IHC image of MAGOH staining in human cerebral cortex FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab38768, 1µg/ml, for 8 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
All lanes : Anti-MAGOH antibody (ab38768) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 17 kDa
Observed band size : 17 kDa
Additional bands at : 26 kDa,37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 3 minutes
References for Anti-MAGOH antibody (ab38768)
This product has been referenced in:
- Silver DL et al. The exon junction complex component Magoh controls brain size by regulating neural stem cell division. Nat Neurosci 13:551-8 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20364144) »