For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa).
- FunctionMARCKS is the most prominent cellular substrate for protein kinase C. This protein binds calmodulin, actin, and synapsin. MARCKS is a filamentous (F) actin cross-linking protein.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MARCKS family.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC displaces MARCKS from the membrane. It also inhibits the F-actin cross-linking activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Membrane.
Information by UniProt
- 80 kDa protein antibody
- 80K L antibody
- 80K L protein antibody
Anti-MARCKS antibody images
References for Anti-MARCKS antibody (ab72459)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"