For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Product nameAnti-MARCKS (phospho S162) antibody
See all MARCKS primary antibodies
Rabbit polyclonal to MARCKS (phospho S162)
- Specificityab119321 recognises MARCKS only when phosphorilated at Serine 162
- Tested applicationsSuitable for:
- Species reactivity
Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide from around phosphorylation site of serine 162 (KKSPFK) of Human MARCKS.
- Positive control
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol
Note: PBS without Mg2+ or Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesab119321 was purified by affinity chromotography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/100 - 1/200.
- FunctionMARCKS is the most prominent cellular substrate for protein kinase C. This protein binds calmodulin, actin, and synapsin. MARCKS is a filamentous (F) actin cross-linking protein.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MARCKS family.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKC displaces MARCKS from the membrane. It also inhibits the F-actin cross-linking activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Membrane.
Information by UniProt
- 80 kDa protein antibody
- 80K L antibody
- 80K L protein antibody
Anti-MARCKS (phospho S162) antibody images
References for Anti-MARCKS (phospho S162) antibody (ab119321)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"