Anti-MCAK antibody (ab42676)
- Product nameAnti-MCAK antibodySee all MCAK primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCAK
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC/IF, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Chinese Hamster
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 650 to the C-terminus of Human MCAK.
(Peptide available as ab42675.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a signal in the following whole cell lysates; HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42676 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
WB: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 81 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionPromotes ATP-dependent removal of tubulin dimers from microtubules. Regulates the turnover of microtubules at the kinetochore and functions in chromosome segregation during mitosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed at high levels in thymus and testis, at low levels in small intestine, the mucosal lining of colon, and placenta, and at very low levels in spleen and ovary; expression is not detected in prostate, peripheral blood Leukocytes, heart, brain, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney or pancreas. Isoform 2 is testis-specific.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the kinesin-like protein family. MCAK/KIF2 subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
- Developmental stageIsoform 2 is expressed in fetal testis.
- DomainThe microtubule tip localization signal (MtLS) motif; mediates interaction with MAPRE1 and targeting to the growing microtubule plus ends.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Phosphorylation by STK12, regulates association with centromeres and kinetochores and the microtubule depolymerization activity.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Nucleus. Chromosome > centromere. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Associates with the microtubule network at the growing distal tip (the plus-end) of microtubules, probably through interaction with MTUS2/TIP150 and MAPRE1 (By similarity). Centromeric localization requires the presence of BUB1 and SGOL2.
- 4930402F02Rik antibody
- ESTM5 antibody
- KIF 2C antibody
- kif2c antibody
- KIF2C_HUMAN antibody
- Kinesein Family Member 2C antibody
- Kinesin family member 2C antibody
- kinesin like 6 (mitotic centromere associated kinesin) antibody
- Kinesin like 6 antibody
- Kinesin like protein 6 antibody
- Kinesin like protein KIF2C antibody
- Kinesin-like protein 6 antibody
- Kinesin-like protein KIF2C antibody
- KNS L6 antibody
- KNSL 6 antibody
- KNSL6 antibody
- MCAK antibody
- MGC11883 antibody
- Mitotic centromere associated kinesin antibody
- Mitotic centromere-associated kinesin antibody
- OTTHUMP00000010066 antibody
- X83316 antibody
Anti-MCAK antibody images
All lanes : Anti-MCAK antibody (ab42676) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : HEK293 Human embryonic kidney cell line Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 81 kDa
Observed band size : 75 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ICC/IF image of ab42676 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in PBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab42676, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
IHC image of MCAK staining in human liver carcinoma FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab42676, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
References for Anti-MCAK antibody (ab42676)
ab42676 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.