Anti-MCM4 antibody (ab4459)
- Product nameAnti-MCM4 antibodySee all MCM4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MCM4
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Xenopus laevis
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Chimpanzee, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Opossum, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide (Human) - 32 amino acids which represented a portion of human MCM 4 encoded within exon 14.
- Positive control
- IHC-P: FFPE human testis tissue sections.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 8mM PBS, 60mM Citrate, 150mM Tris, pH 7-8
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4459 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 96.6 kDa).|
- FunctionActs as component of the MCM2-7 complex (MCM complex) which is the putative replicative helicase essential for 'once per cell cycle' DNA replication initiation and elongation in eukaryotic cells. The active ATPase sites in the MCM2-7 ring are formed through the interaction surfaces of two neighboring subunits such that a critical structure of a conserved arginine finger motif is provided in trans relative to the ATP-binding site of the Walker A box of the adjacent subunit. The six ATPase active sites, however, are likely to contribute differentially to the complex helicase activity.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MCM family.
Contains 1 MCM domain.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 504367 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 35679 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- Entrez Gene: 4173 Human
- Entrez Gene: 17217 Mouse
- Omim: 602638 Human
- SwissProt: Q26454 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- SwissProt: P33991 Human
- SwissProt: P49717 Mouse
- 19G antibody
- AI325074 antibody
- AU045576 antibody
- CDC 21 antibody
- CDC 54 antibody
- CDC21 antibody
- CDC21 homolog antibody
- CDC21, S. pombe, homolog of antibody
- CDC54 antibody
- Cell division cycle 21, S. pombe, homolog of antibody
- DNA replication licensing factor MCM 4 antibody
- DNA replication licensing factor MCM4 antibody
- hCdc 21 antibody
- hCdc21 antibody
- Homolog of S. pombe cell devision cycle 21 antibody
- KIAA4003 antibody
- mcdc21 antibody
- MCM 4 antibody
- MCM 4 minichromosome maintenance deficient 4 antibody
- MCM4 antibody
- MCM4 minichromosome maintenance deficient 4 antibody
- MCM4 minichromosome maintenance deficient 4, mitotin (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- MCM4_HUMAN antibody
- Mcmd4 antibody
- MGC33310 antibody
- Minichromosome Maintenance 4 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance complex component 4 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient (S. cerevisiae) 4 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 4 antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance deficient 4 homolog (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- Minichromosome maintenance, S. cerevisiae, homolog of, 4 antibody
- mKIAA4003 antibody
- P1 CDC21 antibody
- P1-CDC21 antibody
- P1CDC21 antibody
Anti-MCM4 antibody images
IHC image of MCM4 staining in human testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab4459, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Predicted band size : 96.6 kDa
HeLa cell RIPA extract incubated with 0.2
µg/ml of ab4459 for 1 hour. HeLa cell RIPA extract incubated with 0.2 µg/ml of ab4459 for 1 hour.
Anti-MCM4 antibody (ab4459) at 1/2000 dilution + HeLa nuclear cell lysate. at 20 µg
Goat anti rabbit HRP. at 1/5000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 96.6 kDa
This image is an edited version of an image received courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Jason DeHart on 22 August 2005. We do not have any further information relating to this image.
ICC/IF image of ab4459 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab4459, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-MCM4 antibody (ab4459)
This product has been referenced in:
- Luebben SW et al. Helq acts in parallel to Fancc to suppress replication-associated genome instability. Nucleic Acids Res N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 24005041) »
- Chuang CH et al. Post-transcriptional homeostasis and regulation of MCM2-7 in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res : (2012). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22362746) »