Anti-MelanA antibody (ab15468)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15468 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionInvolved in melanosome biogenesis by ensuring the stability of GPR143. Plays a vital role in the expression, stability, trafficking, and processing of melanocyte protein PMEL, which is critical to the formation of stage II melanosomes.
- Tissue specificityExpression is restricted to melanoma and melanocyte cell lines and retina.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus. Golgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Melanosome. Also found in small vesicles and tubules dispersed over the entire cytoplasm. A small fraction of the protein is inserted into the membrane in an inverted orientation. Inversion of membrane topology results in the relocalization of the protein from a predominant Golgi/post-Golgi area to the endoplasmic reticulum. Melanoma cells expressing the protein with an inverted membrane topology are more effectively recognized by specific cytolytic T-lymphocytes than those expressing the protein in its native membrane orientation.
- Antigen LB39 AA antibody
- Antigen LB39-AA antibody
- Antigen SK29 AA antibody
- Antigen SK29-AA antibody
- MAR1_HUMAN antibody
- MART 1 antibody
- MART-1 antibody
- MART1 antibody
- Melan A antibody
- Melan A protein antibody
- Melanoma antigen recognized by T cells 1 antibody
- Melanoma antigen recognized by T-cells 1 antibody
- MLAN A antibody
- MLANA antibody
- OTTHUMP00000021036 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000021037 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000021038 antibody
- Protein Melan-A antibody
Anti-MelanA antibody images
Human melanoma stained with anti-MelanA antibody, ab15468 by Immunohistochemistry (FFPE-sections).
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human lymphatic vessels from melanoma patients, staining MelanA (white) with ab15468.
References for Anti-MelanA antibody (ab15468)
This product has been referenced in:
- Tammela T et al. Photodynamic ablation of lymphatic vessels and intralymphatic cancer cells prevents metastasis. Sci Transl Med 3:69ra11 (2011). IHC-P . Read more (PubMed: 21307301) »