For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab71287 is purified through a protein G column, eluted with high and low pH buffers and neutralized immediately, followed by dialysis against PBS.
- Research areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of
in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
||1/100 - 1/500. Detects a band of approximately 75 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 75 kDa).
- FunctionPhosphorylates ZNF622 and may contribute to its redirection to the nucleus. May be involved in the inhibition of spliceosome assembly during mitosis.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in placenta, kidney, thymus, testis, ovary and intestine.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. SNF1 subfamily.
Contains 1 KA1 (kinase-associated) domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Thr-478 phosphorylation during mitosis promotes interaction with PPP1R8.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm.
Information by UniProt
- AI327312 antibody
- hMELK antibody
- HPK 38 antibody
Anti-MELK antibody - C-terminal images
References for Anti-MELK antibody - C-terminal (ab71287)
has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSTIC OR THERAPEUTIC USE"